1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Handling Game Forum News

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, everyone has had time enough to see how the separation of game forum news coverage from the general news coverage works, so I thought it's time for a little poll.

The question is, should we move the forum news posts back to the general news forum (essentially merge them back together, with all news being displayed on the front page), or leave the news separated, with general news displaying on the front page, and forum news displaying on a separate page (and also having a separate forum, as it is now).

Cast your votes, and make yourselves heard here.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 13 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Handling Game Forum News (13 votes.)

What is your preference in regards to game forum news? (Choose 1)
    * Put it back to how it used to be (general and forum news on the front page together; news posted in one forum) - 31% (4)
    * Leave it as it is now (general and forum news on separate pages; news posted in two forums) - 54% (7)
    * I have no preference (please only pick this if you REALLY have no preference whatsoever) - 15% (2)

2. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I say put it back.

Ever since the change, it seems like I never see the forum news. Sure, I could just go to the section, but I just don't think of it. That doesn't mean the whole long forum entries on the main page, maybe just the thread titles.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I like it the way it is now. I actual see more of the forum news as the fact that I post more there now will attest. Of course the fact that I post there could be that I post all over now. :grin: However since current subjects show up on the front page, on top of the forums summary page and in active topics it doesn't make a great difference to me.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :doh: Sorry, Tal. Doesn't change my opinion. Just should have paid more attention to what I was typing. Classic example of poor post.

6. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I voted for 'Leave it as it is now'. I think it works just fine and I don't see any reason to change anything.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I still don't really understand the difference between the two types of news. I'm sure the news is very interesting but I seldom have time to read either type.

8. Taluntain

Media:
  9. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Ok, what I've done now was to add 5 headlines from the other page on each of the two pages. So there are now 5 forum news headlines on the front page (besides the 10 regular ones), and 5 general news headlines on the forum news page (besides the 10 regular ones).

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.