1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Well hidden items

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by StressedE, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Creslyn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] By the way, just as a hint about the difficulty of getting that staff, I would suggest that unless you are -

a) an extremely high level party
    or
    b) suicidal

you take along a scroll of magic protection.

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You'll not necessarily need a scroll of magic protection ... I personally preferred to use it in the beholder lair in the underdark (went there first) and I intend to use the second on Irenicus in hell or if everything goes bad, for the last group of the cowled wizards (yep, I'm metagaming ...)

So I played the twisted rune without it ... and no one died! Near the x-cap though ... funny, hefty fight but I did it :) Supportive cleric spells are awesome ... but it doubtless is a high level fight.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited April 14, 2002).]

3. Shamroc Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

In the sewers underneath the Temple District there is a secret stash too. run your mouse over the circular valve openers along the corridors (sorry cannot think of a proper name. :( Looks like door valves in a submarine). I believe it's West of the Rakshasa/Kobold room. Has several scrolls & loot.

4. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

My favourite item to date in the game is the cloak of mirroring (Sahuagin city, on some priestess on a bridge-like path [between two artificial ponds] north-east of the middle of the map) with this there's no need for magic protection (unless the bad guys have maze or dominate/charm [for this just get Lilarcor :D). It's not really hidden, but it kicks @$$.

5. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Personaly, I think that the fight for the Staff of the Magi in bridge district is to easy for a staff like that. I've never had any problem getting that one. Even when I soloed, it had been to easy.

Oh, well, Cheers :D.

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I think there's a lightning trap on the gem in the Amaunator statue.

7. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

How about staf of power? Never found that one, but it should be almoast as powerfull as the staf of magi. Well I might have found it, but it looks as a staf +1 so I might have throwed it away, but i think not.

8. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

I've read several times on these forums something about a scimtar called wateredge (or somesuch) but I've never found it. Does it even exist?

(Shouldn't be any of Drizzt's blades cause they should be called Icingdeath and Twinkle IIRC)

9. C'Jakob Guest

IIRC, the Staff of Power is a staff made by your apprentices in the Mage Stronhold. I forget its stats, though. Water's Edge is a +3 scimitar; I believe it's found in the House Jae'llat in Ust Natha. You must take on the Gilded Rope Quest, get the Jae'llat Wardstone, go onto the highest story of the Jae'llat House, and there (I think it's there) it is.

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Water's Edge can be found in Jae'llat's House in Ust Natha....it's just a Scimitar +3, but with a nice gleam. It can be found in a trunk or cabinet....

mmmh,C'Jacob was a little faster....

And about Staff of Power: it gives you +2 to savingthrows and ac and it has something to do with a lightningbold of paralize or somewhat. And you can cast globe of invulnerability...thac0 is +2 iirc

[This message has been edited by Master of Nuhn (edited April 17, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.