1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: The SP Order of Ancientness: 2005

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Harbourboy, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

[​IMG] Last year, in response to Splunge’s claim to be twice as old as the average SP member, we ran a survey of member ages. The results showed that 35% of members were aged between 17 and 21. As there has been a lot of change in SP’s membership in a year, the time has come to reperform this survey to see just how the teenage menaces stack up against the aging geezers.

Simple question, just select the button that corresponds to your age bracket.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 110 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: The SP Order of Ancientness: 2005 (110 votes.)

Which category corresponds to your current age? (Choose 1)
    * 11 or under (Young and Innocent) - 0% (0)
    * 12 - 16 (High School Horror) - 5% (5)
    * 17 - 21 (Youthful Rebellion) - 40% (44)
    * 22 - 29 (Mighty Debt Builder) - 28% (31)
    * 30 - 38 (Still Wondering Where Your 20s Went) - 18% (20)
    * 39 - 55 (Aging Geezer) - 8% (9)
    * 56 or over (Venerable Sage) - 1% (1)

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Age 20 counts as "Youthfull Rebellion"? I think I fall under the "Mighty Debt Builder", but whatever.
    I'll be 21 at the end of Sepetember. :banana: :beer: :thumb: :rolling:

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Kitrax, that's exactly the sort of rebellious response I'm talking about! ;)

4. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Aggh, thanks for reminding me about my debt building! :p Stupid college loans.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Aging geezer?!? What happened to "Wise but Graying" from the other poll? :grr: :p

6. Harbourboy

Bingo, Splunge. Just listen to yourself. That's a geezer talking, if ever I heard one! :p

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *snicker*

You are making me feel old :p

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    That's geezerETTE to you, Sonny boy.

9. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I'm supposed to be still wondering where my 20s went off to. I've already stopped wondering and been busy staving off geezerhood. :D

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] High-School Horror.

Will be 17 in October though. :)

11. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

"Debt-building"... so sad but so true...

12. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Youthful rebellion...
    Unfortunately I'd have to say I'm more of a youthful resignation. High school horror-hood took all the rebellion out of me.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

21 in november so i've got a year and a few months yet as a rebel ;)

14. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

22. Walked to the worse category just 5 months ago. Bummer...

15. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Venerable Sage

I like that one. Age brings wisdom. Wish it were true.

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    At the age when women are best! That's my humble opinion NOW. And I can hear my "Brotha from an otha motha", Death Rabbit, agreeing now. 25 years old. Seeing I'm a Mighty Debt Builder, all my base probably belongs to you.

17. St. James Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I liked your category descriptions. I was thinking about happiness and age -- I think it was Oscar Wilde who met a woman who said that she was more happy in her middle age than she had been at 18. Wilde said, "Ma'am, please do me the honor to introduce me to your husband! He must be quite a remarkable man."

It is depressing to think that most assume the best time of their lives is at 18 -- that probably has something to do with bad memory.

18. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Eh? What's that? You whippersnappers think you know everything!
    Why, in my day, we didn't have computers! No toys either! We had to make due playing with DIRT! And we LIKED it that way!

Rotten, no good, wiseacres...

/Aging geezer stumbles off

19. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

High School Horror for me... Guess what: I just finished high school this year :cool:

On my last year though - 17 in come March.
    Can't wait for my rebelliousness to be fully fledged ^^.

:borg:

20. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I'm 22 the Mighty Debt Builder

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.