1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Scroll Cases

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by The Wise The Grey, Jan 22, 2001.

1. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Where can I find all of the scroll cases? I've only found two, and both of those were for sale in Waukeen's Promenade. How many gem bags are available as well?

2. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

There is another one available in the Underdark. Ive only found one gem bag.

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    There are at least two gem bags: On is for sale in waukeens promenade and the other one in the bridge district.
    I guess there are also more than two scroll-cases for sale: I guess that there are two for sale in waukeens promenade and I remember some more at several traders somewhere in the game, for example some of the street traders in Atkathla or traders in trademeet or Umar Hills.

What I´d like to know: Can you use two gem bags or scroll cases at the same time?

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Yes! I have four scroll cases and two gem bags. Each one is individual from the other...So you don't have to worry about them doubling up.

I can't remember where I found them all - I think I bought 2 of the scroll cases and a gem bag in Trademeet, one of each in Waukeen's Promenade...I can't remember where I found the others...Best bet is to always check every merchant - that's what I do.

5. Ellesime Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I got 4 scroll cases 4 gem bags 1 bag of holding from merchants at trademeet and waukeen promendade and underdark

6. Neverworlder Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] I bought two scroll cases in Waukeen's Prom and one in Trademeet (after sending the Dao away).

Gem cases, I just discovered, can also hold rings and necklaces, in case you didn't know.

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Thanks for the hints folks

8. Drathen Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I have three gem bags and two scroll cases. One of the gem bags can be bought at the Guildhouse located at the Docks.

9. Roghnaithe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You can also buy a few scroll cases from the street vendors in the docks

10. Lo Guest

I think there are 6 gem bags and 6 scroll cases in the game. At least this is my guess from scrolling through Shadowkeeper :)
    I have 4 gem bags and 3 scroll cases and I haven't been to Trademeet or the Underdark yet. One of those gem bags was from a trader in the Bridge district, that's to the left of the other male merchant and she only appears at day time. Another gem bag or scroll case I think I got of a merchant in Umar Hills.
    And another tip or possibly a testament to how dumb I am is that u can sell those gems and scrolls by double clicking on the container while trading, and really don't have to take them out and fill everybody's inventory, spending hours (game time?) organising your treasures :)

11. Neverworlder Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Just bought my fourth scroll case from the Halfling vendor below the tavern stairs area (near where Czar hangs out) in the Docks District.

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] That's Xzar, before someone asks.

13. Neverworlder Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] That's what I said. Sorta.

14. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Bernard at the Copper Coronet sells a scroll case and the merchant at Gaelan Bayle's sells a gem bag.

15. nidogueihtam Gems: 1/31

I dont remember where but i visit every single merchant so i find a lot of good things. I have three cases and 3 bags but I need way more cases. People take the time to write those books. So I keep all the books and when Im bored I read them, then sell the ones I read :) I suggest you do it too, all theses storys evolve around the Forgotten Realm series.

16. Sorl Guest

[​IMG] Why don't you just store the book in a box or barrel, ... ???
    Even as a mage I'd feel somewhat out of place lugging half a library with me all the time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.