1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Two Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by chevalier, Dec 15, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yesterday, I noticed that Dec. 14 is exactly two years since I registered. There's no champagne smiley, but beer will do. :beer:

A lot has changed when it comes to people. Many have gone. Many have come. Some old-timers aren't here anymore. But heck, some old time regulars were already out of here before I came. New people have come and some are already venerated regulars. Perhaps some of them will be gone by the next year's Dec. 14, doubtlessly new ones will strike the root.

Some changes on the staff list. A couple of them were really unexpected. They seemed to be revolutionary changes at the time. Same for some of changes in the rules. Chatroom circulation goes on and some of the people who were opped in the meantime I remember coming and earning their voice. Regulars coming and going... and coming back are even more visible than on the boards.

We also cover a lot more games now, especially those still in development. I don't remember if there had been any in development game forum when I registered. Not sure if there had been any significant game in development then, so maybe that's why. We even have one non-D&D game on the list (Dragon Age) and one non-RPG game (Dragonshard).

The site design has changed. Like completely changed. The way the news and comments are displayed. Now it's on the boards, so many more people leave comments. Well, there's been a couple of changes in the news. No doubt.

But the atmosphere is still the same that appealed to me first and made me settle down here a short time after I registered my account. In this sense, nothing has changed.

Anyway, I guess this is a good excuse for a little party. :beer: :banana: ;)

2. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Well, Glad to still have you here Chev
    :beer:
    :banana:

3. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] 5628 posts / year,
    7,7 posts / day,
    one post per every third hour.

Quite impressive I might say. And most of the time they even made some sense :p

:beer: Cheers! To the years to come!

4. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Congrats. :beer:

5. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    :beer: Go chev! I've been here even longer, and I don't have anywheres near as many posts as you! ;)

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

hehe. congratulations chev :beer:

ah, yes. I have to say that I still definitely miss Tal's pink dragon avatar ;)

7. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    congrats Chev. Way to go. :thumb:

8. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Do this make you a Sorcerers Place veteran?

Congratulations!

[EDIT] You've only been registered 3 months more than me and I've only made 330 posts and you have over 5000!! Spammer! :p ;)

9. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Ah, yes, yes, the young ones these days... how full of fire they are.

I remember, back in my day, when the grass was green and frolickin' elves were frolickin' elves,..... :pope:

Hell, beer's still the same, charge! :beer: :beer:

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The noobs grow up so fast it is scary.

11. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Keep it up Chev ;) :beer:

12. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Congrats from one of the n00bs--one who was inspired by your IWD2 pally/wizard to try his own solo pally/sorc.

13. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

congrats chev :beer:

*edit

just realized that I've been here nearly a year longer than chev. And only have around 255 posts.

Now this brings up an interesting question. Who has been here the longest with the fewest posts.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

There will be many people who have been here for years but have no posts at all.

15. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Any reason to drink one of these :beer:
    Congrats, chevy :p

16. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I know what you mean, Joacqin. I mean, people like Sorvo think they owns the place. ;)

17. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

Amen to that.

In one month, I'll be celebrating my two year anniversary as well :)

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wow...if Chev were to be more like you Ancalimon, the boards would have so much *less* spam! :lol:

Sorry Chev, but you are a spammer! Happy anniversary! I can't wait till April, when I celebrate my 3 year anniversary here at these fine boards! Perhaps as a present to myself, I'll sign up for an SPS account! :thumb: :rolling:

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    About time... *cough*bloody cheapskate*cough* :grin:

20. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

Technically, you can't do that. Giving a present to yourself defeats it's purpose as being a present, therefore you just buy something in a non-present way. For it to be a present, you should create some kind of petition asking Tal to give you an SPS account, for free, hence, as a gift. You got my support. Go!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.