1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I heartily appreciate mature forum posters

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by teekc, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Haha, you know that's one of the funniest things I've read in a while. :D

And all of it's so right. Every single word. And I'm thankful of that.

Certainly some people make flamish posts here, I've done so myself on occasion, call it a bad habit I've learned from elsewhere (one that I've more or less gotten rid of). The thing is, even without the moderators, the posters here simply don't grab the bait. I guess it's the atmosphere forcing people to generally think before they blurt out whatever it was they had in their mouth. Everyone has bad days anyway, so many of the worse comments found here are simply results of those, I believe.

2. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Well then, fellow board members, go get yourself an SPS account and show your support! :cool:

3. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I approve of this of this message :p

Yeah, it's true, I haven't been to many boards in my life, usually because few are as pleasing as BoM but the fact I've been here for *thinks* well, long says enough... There's a general mood of polite well-being, with ups and downs, all that jazz, it's been said before...

And Maertyn, some of us have no credit cards and/or have parents who intensely distrust internet pay things and/or are teenagers on a *real* short budget.

:borg:

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Not having a credit card is not really an excuse, as there are other, offline ways of donating: http://www.sorcerers.net/Main/helping_sp.php

As for not having any money; better word that as not having any money you would want to donate to SP. It's more accurate that way. I doubt any of our visitors are really so poor they couldn't scrape together a few bucks for a donation if they wanted to. Especially those who have been registered for several years...

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Especially those who can afford flashy computers, state of the art graphics cards, brand new games, high speed internet connections.........

6. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bah! We know that Tal would work for free and pay everything out of his own pocket if he had to. So it is a matter or priority Harbourboy! ;)

Donations are just a luxury for tal so he wont have to live on stale bread and water only.

I havent donated in a year or two but I buy a large package from amazon every other month and go through the SP link. Just to enable Tal to put some butter on his stale bread. ;)

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Wouldn't :yum: have been more appropriiate, Tal? :p

*GLOMP*

We all love you to bits, you know that

9. Amatorius Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Maybe not too many bits Arabwel, Tal *does* need to walk around occasionally... :hahaerr: :p

10. Cernak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I was going to say something, but it seems to have slipped my mind. Anyway, i do agree.

11. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

BoM is the only forum I bother with. I can get everything I want here - current events, gaming information and a close nit community.

I do miss the flames that are often seen on other boards. It is fun to watch sometimes, pick the moment when everything seems to be dieing down then chuck in a comment to see it start with renewed fury. But I can do without that mindless entertainment.

Kudos to Tal and his moderator crew.

12. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I've been on the net for 6 years, and this was the first forum I ran across that made me feel I should subscribe. Need I say more? :D

13. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I don't necessarily agree 100% with the way this place is run, though I will admit this is certanily a popular site. Well done for that.

14. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Quality has price. While certain rules of Sorcerer's Place may not sound 'democratic' or 'nice', they serve a noble purpose: to provide a pleasant and versatile place with reliable and high-quality content. This is the most important. Do we need more?

Do we need spammers? No.
    Do we need 'people who freely tell their opinion about this place?' No. If someone doesn't agree with the way it works, then shouldn't visit it.

I am more than sad to notice how certain place(s) in IE modding/gaming world are losing (or have lost) their quality in the past years, how people offend each other (this behavior even resulted in the split of an entire community in the past!). It is good to noone, neither to modders nor players. It should all about fun, isn't it?
    In my opinion, the SP community has existed as a unite, and -- not counting some very small issues -- in total agreement.

Sorcerer's Place has kept its quality from the point I had first visited it, reserving the good features but also constantly improving in several respects.
    This is the way to go. :thumb:

[ December 22, 2004, 17:28: Message edited by: Baronius ]

15. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This board makes sense. I've been to others where I got a headache trying to find information. I like that there are forums here for such a wide variety of subjects. I know that if I want info on a particular game I don't have to wade through tons of non-related spam.

When I ask a question I get an answer that makes sense and is usually helpful.

Keep up the good work, Tal. :thumb:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.