1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is there a thread for nick changes? Well if not here's one.

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Rogue Rasta, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Rogue Rasta Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Well didn't see one but I changed my nick. This thread is more for the mods than anyone here but check it out anyway. (Really it won't hurt, there is all small amount of decent music info in this post).......Just thought I'd give a heads up.

We should all halt and have a brief moment of silence (30-40 minutes will do just fine) for my last nick which was Thorongil. RIP bro.

As you can now see I've changed my nick to Rogue Rasta. More fitting for the portrait and my personality, plus after listing to a late 60's Ska tune, (and I mean late 60's off of a comp called Monkey Business*) 'Take A Drag' I just couldn't help myself.

"Take a drag man, a really long drag...One Drag man...Take a double drag"

I'm not a REG here but thought I'd let you know who to avoid. :D Especially in the NWN toolset forum. I for see myself spending a bit more time there in the near future.

EDIIT: fixed spelling errors and added to the thread regarding music. Read below:

* Monkey Business. If you are into early Ska, I suggest picking up this comp if you can find it. Very, Very Sweet and too damn sticky and danky to explain here.

[ June 26, 2004, 10:06: Message edited by: Rogue Rasta ]

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    You spelled "edit" wrong. :p

3. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I've been dubbing wether to change my nick - I've decided it's kind of dumb - anyone share their thougts?
    If I change it it will probably be Hugo (my name in RL) or whatever character appeals to me in what I'm reading or playing at the time.
    :borg:

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'd get too confused if I changed my nickname.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    PDN changes are to be made only for VERY good reasons, and certainly not more than once. That alone creates enough confusion.

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I have probably had more nicks than anyone else here, but that is not a good thing. I have a nack to change my mind all the time, but now I think I've got it, so I won't change it again.
    Here is the order of my nicks:

1. Cog Primius (Means Cog the First in latin)
    2. Cog Primus(First one spelled wrong)
    3. Ivanji, son of Loki (Ivanji was my nick from Seiken Dentestu 3 and at the time, I always played as Duran who's father's name was, you name it, Loki)
    4. Ivanji (Removed the ", son of Loki" because it just didn't fit)
    5. AssWooper the Überspammer(Dunno why, but I actually liked this nick)
    6. Rutkowski (My Polish family name which I am very proud of)
    7. Rutkowski a.k.a. Velve (To make the switch announced in advance)
    8. Velve Zauviir(Velve means Blade in Drow and Zauviir is a large Drow house, and I fancied playing as Drow)
    9. Velve(See the "Ivanji" part of this post)
    10. Caleb: The Chosen(From the only good shoot 'em up existing, "Blood II: The Chosen", where the main character's name is Caleb and he is a Zombie with a cowboy hat, trenchcoat, big-ass guns, and one hell of an attitude)

EDIT: Added explonations.

[ July 02, 2004, 00:36: Message edited by: Caleb: The Chosen ]

7. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Didn't it used to be that you could only change your nick once a year? Or rather if you did change it then you would be unable to change it again for a year - leading to the case of nobleman/alcohol/archangel.

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yes, but that was before the implementation of PDNs. It was done via a hack then, which caused some problems. It's stupid that I can't limit the amount of changes now, I agree. I complained about it to the guy who coded the board, but he ignored it. Anyway, we'll be switching to another board shortly, where people probably won't be able to change at all.

9. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Personally, I liked of "Velve Zauviir" the best, even though Caleb is not bad either.

Myself, I have changed my nick only once, and only a little then. It's a pain to change it in every work and site you maintain or visit, thus I doubt I change it again. For a while at least. :p

10. Rogue Rasta Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG]
    That's funny...well not that funny. If someone else had done it, I'd find it a lot funnier.

I suppose I'll leave it that way, it's too classic to change.

11. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I suppose I should say that I used to post as Morningstar, but changed it as I couldn't use it in the Chatrooms (someone else already has it).

12. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Why not then use a nick like Morningstar*, Morning*, or -=Morningstar=- instead of chaning it to completely strange one...?

13. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I changed mine ('Forashi') to Foradasthar some year or something ago. I was rather surprised though to get so many questions of the obvious connection between those two. Elsewhere the nickchange was rather obvious.

But I suppose that since I'm not exactly an everyday poster here, it's rather easy to confuse the newer nick for a new person entirely or something.

Still I agree on that nicks should't be changed lightly. In my case the reason was nothing more than to change the rather oldish boring name to one that I thought better suited for a "fantasy board". It still goes fine by me though. Reminds me of some old senile mage. :)

14. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Just wanted to tell you that I've changed my PDN from "Daephon" to the current.

Didn't want to start no new topic though....so I used this one ;)

[ July 22, 2004, 01:01: Message edited by: Loerand ]

15. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

When I first joined, I changed my name from "HowManyNeb" to "Vorpal" (as I was getting more into BG2 versus BG1), then I changed it to the current one because I thought it was a good name for an FR fantasy board.

16. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I think I should drop the "Nightshadow". When I picked my name I didn't realize how much room I'd be taking up. Keeps getting worse.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I used to use R'syil but people weren't sure if I was a guy or a girl because it sounds kinda androgynous.
    that, and i forgot my old password, damnit hehe

18. Taluntain

Media:
  19. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG]
    There is nothing wrong with androgynous nicks. :1eye: :rolling: :D

20. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I never changed my nick and I do not intend to. I am thinking about changing the title, though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.