1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best animation

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Thewl, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Thewl Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

What's yer favorite animation?

My preferences are:
    -any lich
    -Bodhi

Include downloadables (if they exist).

2. Terror Toilet Gems: 1/31

I think that the "soul coming out of the body" one is pretty good.

Either that or hasting my party before a battle and playing the Benny Hill theme with Winamp.

3. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Benny Hill theme... LoL

*Off Topic*
    Has anyone one seen the CS movie by Clan Fader?
    Speaking of Benny Hill and all =)

I think the dragons are pretty well made.
    And as Terror said, when casting finger of death for example, it looks cool when the 2soul leaves the body".

4. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

There's a really weird one that you see -- it looks like a face moving underneath a covering of mud. I see it sometimes at deaths but also at other times. It looks good.

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Draw Upon Holy Might is nice. The whole eagle rising from you thing is kinda cool.

6. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Mud face is from Horror

7. sirfrank Gems: 1/31

A successful 'lower resistance' effect makes my day!

8. CXwinds Gems: 1/31

Summoning the Gate Fiend is pretty cool. The summon woodland creatures could have been better. But overall the graphics for this game is by far much better than BG I. But then again with progressing technology, that's to be expected.

Also I love the new resolutions available, speaking of which its hard to deal with the comparatively bad graphics of BG I. But off topic.

9. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

And the worst animation? Sphere of Chaos or Teleport Field. I don't know WHAT is going on with those squiggly lines shifting all over the place.

10. Gaius Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I love the statue in the Lathander temple - the big spinning orb is fantastic.

11. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Magic Missile. What else but pure simplicity? :D

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Gorions' Magic Missile looks cool - it's a fancified version of original Magic Missile with more sparkly bits. I'm going to use the animation for one of my mages spells :spin:

I am weird in thinking Free Action looks cool too :lol:

13. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Isn't that the Armor of Faith-animation? Anyways, it looks darn cool to me. and i also tend to like the Fireshield-animtion....

14. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

That's right - the eagle animation is for Armor of Faith. IIRC, Draw Upon Holy Might is a column of light coming down on the character.

The ones I like are:

Aid - cool animation of an anhk as the spell takes effect

Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting - the skull with the moving mouth is a hoot. The first time I cast it, I had recently beaten Kangaax and I thought it was another damn lich.

Any insect spell - once it hits the target, the way it spreads out to others

I can think of a couple for ToB too, but those are verboten here.

15. kukec Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Cromwel's combining items animation is nice too (golden hammer smashing on silver anvil). :eek:

16. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I think that anvil animation that Cromwell uses is the same as Shillegh (however you spell it)... the rarely-used 1st level cleric spell that creates a +1 cudgel.

17. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

mine is irenicus in the ingame movies, killing allover with lighning speed and pyrolike effects :)

18. kukec Gems: 3/31

well it's not an animation but Sahuagin city looks nice too.
    Small Three Tree Pass is very nice too.

[ July 06, 2003, 09:34: Message edited by: kukec ]

19. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The spinning orb things that you find in Temples etc.

20. kukec Gems: 3/31

Nice animation is to when you slay Sarevok in hell.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.