1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How did the Everyone Here find out about SP?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Icingdeath45, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

2. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I was told by a friend :p , hehe aint i soo original :)

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Someone told me there were a lot of women here... ;) :lol: :grin: :shake:

But seriously, I had a question about Baldur's Gate way back in 2000. And I just kept coming back.

4. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

When I was still an admin of my own Baldur's Gate 2 Forum, (Which was basically a spinoff forum for the BG2 fans amongst the Diablo crowd of The Lurkerlounge.) one of the posters there linked to here. I then quickly moved here, and basked in the glory that is SP. :grin:

The other forum went on for quite a while, but had too little (active) members to survive. *shrug* I'm happy here.

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] And after that, Faragon met a guy at an intro-bully-eggs-and-'custardcream'-week of Fysiotherapists-wannabees. Talked with the dude about Shadows of Amn while wearing selfmade Druid-tunics and Monk-outfits. Converted the heathen to become an SP-member.
    That heathen was me.

6. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, so he doesn't feel too alone, I found out in exactly the same way as Taza. I went to gamefaqs a long time, and in the faq of Dan Simpson he mentioned the sites were his faq was allowed to be hosted. One of them was SP.

I came, I saw, I stayed. :D

7. Defspeal Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The Usual, I googled "BG solution walkthrough" or something simular, Quite boring really. I wish it had been that it had been something more Interesting

8. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My story is entire different... I used Copernic to search for Neverwinter Nights sites.

(OK, maybe not entirely different. ;) )

9. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I think I linked here from Gamebanshee and ended up reading a ridiculous ammount of BG2 info before even thinking about posting.
    Back in those days I had a bit of powergaming blood :D

10. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] One day, I was really bored so I started playing "pocket pool". I felt something unexpected in there, pulled it out, and found SP!

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] What?!? You mean this isn't the online forum for Dear Abby?!?

...that's what I get for using a seach engine called "Goggle" (I thought it was just a typo). :xx: :spin: :roll: :rolling:

P.S. lol @ Jack Funk :lol:

12. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I, actually, started a topic like that some months before... anyway.

Google, searching for BG1, just like so many others.

13. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I was looking for special IWD1 patch, and I found it from SP, thanks for google. I found BoM maybe two or three months after that.

14. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

*cough*

Thats how I find most places.

15. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    My friend told me about it; and I'm glad he did! :D

16. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Somehow my favorite walkthrough abandoned me and I googled my way into this place on my quest to reclaim it. :)

17. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I came in search of the IWD walkthrough, like so many before me

18. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I did a search for BG on my ISP, It all went down hill from there :p

19. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Actually I wanted to start a forum myself and call it Sorcerer's Place so I ran a search to check for copyright...........................................ok so I lied. (just wanted to be different)

20. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I had just started playing NWN and Sorcerers Place was listed as a link on the main NWN website

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.