1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help on Paladin Quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Bloodtitan, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

hi there.
    i got trouble finishing the initial quest of the paladin stronghold.
    after killing the knights garren took me to his cabin but when i entered, all he said was something about it was all too much for him and thank you for your efforts. the plot didnt continue.

i am using the ease of use mod with multiple strongholds. i uninstalled the mod, reinstalled and made a new party and tried to do the quest again. same problem. so i created another garren and wanted to test if that was bugged too ; he said the same sentence and the original garren did too. i ctrl+y-ed the dupe and suddenly, iltha (daughter) started speaking to me, the plot went on. problem is, after the dialogue both garren and iltha went hostile.
    the plot continued. right after i killed the hijackers i created a new garren (the hostile one was ctrl-y-ed) and i made it through the story.
    now i have done all i could and cannot free iltha because she is still hostile and doesnt talk to me.

so: i am not willing to restart yet again. i politely ask if someone knows the creature code for iltha because i couldnt find it in dan simpsons list or if someone got enough shadowkeeper knowlegde to fix this (if possible).

thx in front
    bloodtitan

edit: i managed to find the creaturecode for iltha and could create her again. she nearly immidiately turned hostile. so i had to invisible my party, create her and pause the game before she went hostile and talk to her. she was freed correctly.

when i returned to the cabin and entered the game somewhat froze ; my controls were hidden like normally when an animation comes up, but nothing happened. i had to alt-f4. i created garren outside the cabin but my only dialogue option was to tell him her daughter is dead (which is correct to a point because i freed a copy and had to ctrl-y the original ...).

so i need help finding the dialogue setting in the global variables section of the shadow keeper ...

[ January 14, 2005, 15:38: Message edited by: Bloodtitan ]

2. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Geez...that's the reason i don't use mods or CLUA.

I doubt that someone can help you out. The only way i can think of is to restart the quest from an old save game.

3. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

yes i had to restart ... but completely. i had to uninstall the multiple strongholds and play without it.

4. San Ti Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

well i have never used a mod.only dungeon begone. mods some times create trouble so often that it is amost pointless to have them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.