1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Darkest Day

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by NewShortName, Jun 30, 2002.

1. NewShortName Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Is it worth downloading The Darkest Day add-on????? How will it effect my current game???? Is it possible to un-install it and have my Baldur's Gate II game intact???? Does ToB effect it?????

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

1. If you don't want to play another games, but you want to see some more stuff in BG2, sure, do download it. And don't forget to install the TDD patch!

2. It's not clear how it will affect your current game. When you're installing some large mod like this one, it's wise to start a new game with it.

3. It is not possible to uninstall it and keep original BG2 intact. But it's possible to make pre-installation backup of BG2 so you may return it later. What you should copy somewhere safe BEFORE you install any mod:
    - override (folder)
    - data (folder)
    - bgmain.exe (file)
    - chitin.key (file)
    - dialog.tlk (file)
    These five things from original game you may always return to main BG2 folder and no actual uninstall of the mods is needed then.

4. TDD is currently not ToB compatible. The problem is Bioware's not-compatibility of major files from SoA and ToB. TeamBG is currently working on TDD/ToB compatibility.

3. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

as far as i know Extremist, TDD has an uninstall routine, that automatically restores backups of the key files that were made during the installation.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Ok, I don't have TDD so I wouldn't know for that. But no matter, he should backup things I posted, and you know it.

5. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

what is the need to back them up when TDD does it for you?

when tdd installs it makes a folder called tdd_backup, or something pretty similar, containing the chitin.key, dialog.tlk and the whole override folder.

;)

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Really? Not bad, not bad...
    In fact when I think on it, all mods should have backup/uninstall option, if TDD is made that way, that's only a bonus. I've had enough of mods (including ToB) that overwrite things without possibility to return to previous state. But then again, when you get the stutter bug from ConcurentRomances cheat, you haven't deserved to return files to previous state, right? ;)

Hmmm, I should think about this a bit more, perhaps I'm behaving too lawful that it's almost disgusting and that's not in my class description. ;) :evil:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.