1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sentimental Over SP

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Elios, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Fond memories?

There are so many!

One of the more fonder ones is actually not from SP,but from another forum where SP was dissed in a thread... and somoen used the term "SP regular" for me. Until then I had considered myself a newbie, but that word "regular" applied to me felt... good.

Such little things as being able to help someone for the first time.... the first time someone replied to me, not jut in general but to me... my first own topic... the first random babbles...getting my avatar...

But most of all, my fond memories are those of my great friends, the first coversations, little grins, inside jokes... this is my family. Not related by blood, but by bits of codea and soul.

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

*thinks...hard*
    Probably some of the screwyest chatroom conversations, like that one with X666X (or some nick like that) that went on about ... I honestly have no idea what it went on about, but it was good :D

4. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

When I made my first topic and got replies on it :) Tear-drippin'

5. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Ah, days gone by.

Back when we all loved each other. Tolerance at it's finest. *weep*

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] You all suck!

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Probably one of Faragon's sarcastic comments on a stupid post (often mine...)

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    It was the first time that someone (Eze and Shell, I think) included me on one of those "Who would you take to a deserted island" threads.

I'm such a sap!

9. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Both the day someone first referred to me by name and the day someone added me to their island list.

10. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, my memorable moment was when Taza started a "SP shop mod" thread with the idea of SP members being the subject of items descriptions added into BG2 as a mod.

Whenever I felt I could come up with an item description that was representative of an SP member, and felt that it was of sufficient quality, I would post it in the thread.

I can honestly say that some of those item descriptions were enthusiastically endorsed by their subjects, and that meant a great deal to me.

@Taza, btw, what is happening with your project? At the risk of sounding immodest, I'd hate to see my creative juices wasted so.

11. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] My item desc. was great, many thanks Beren :)

A fond memory of mine is after I had written the Item and Spell Making Guides for IEEP (BG2 Editor), some new member asked me a few questions about it. The idea that someone had visited the site, downloaded and read them, then registered on the boards just to seek me out seemed absurd, yet hugely gratifying.

It all becomes worth it after a while.

[Edit]
    As for the sentimental thing, I nearly cried (ok, not that nearly) when Taluntain asked me to do the SP Merchandise for the Shop some time ago. It was huge for me, to be accepted as truly a part of this place. Yeah.
    As I said, it all comes back to you. You give what you get, etc. This place means a lot (am I sounding pathetic yet?) to me, and I hope it does for you too. :)

[ September 05, 2003, 23:47: Message edited by: Gopher ]

12. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] :lol: sorry

Sentimental? never. A place where I can kill time and if there isn't time to kill, I'll pretend I am killing time.

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...that day I sent in my two walkthrough/guides and got my avatar...the day I hit 1k posts...the day I was reffered as a board and chatroom regular...those were all fond memories. :D :rolling:

14. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Bah, you cold hearted fiends you. :shake:

15. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

My first topic which is still going strong in 'Booktalk'

16. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Ahh, that time Blast Skeleton got Death Rabbit's name mixed up with mine. Of course, that doesn't exactly count since it happened this week, but that's not the point, ay?

17. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Definetely the little runins with Master of Nuhn :)

18. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Someone saying that they liked my tag line (the first was Mesmeoro/Silverblade I believe, in the topic about said tag lines).

Oh and also whenever the fact that people actually bothered to answer my Clam question a little while ago.

19. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Fond memories? Maybe not really sentimental, but there are things I remember better then others.

For example, some times when the chatroom was less crowded and there was more of a one on one chat with (and these are just a few names that came to mind first), Extremist, Darien, Kitiara, Marnix.

I remember the first time, somebody said my name without me posting before it. Suddenly there was a topic with my name in it, somebody actually noticed me. It was a question about the meaning of the word 'berk', which was in my tag line above my avatar at the time. I guess the second time, somebody mentioned me was Lazy Bonzo, in this thread.

Just two examples.

20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Berk is slang for fool ey? Thats not nice, since it's my surname

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.