1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How did you find the SP?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Volsung, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

What the topic says.

I was looking for some help with IWD2 in google. I found SP and then explored more and more. (This happened before Christmas.) I thought -and still think- that SP is the best place for CRPG's and fantasy in general.
    After some months I found the BoM and registered...and here I am. :)

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I would think that most people (myself included) probably found SP by doing an internet search for help on a particular game (BG2 in my case). SP is not exactly a mainstream site that you are likely to come across by chance - just as well, since that helps keep the riff-raff out (me being one of the exceptions :lol: )

3. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

I found SP while I was searching for Planescape Torment, and I registered at the boards a week later. I've never needed to use another site since.

4. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I also found S.P. while looking for info on a game. I haven't been the same since then.

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I found the site from a friend, looking for BG info. He didn't register on the board though. I didn't have the internet at the time, but when I, finally, got it I registered on the boards (loooooong time ago!).

6. Keihdra Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I happened upon SP via a google search for BG2. After exploring for a little bit, I signed up on the BoM and here I am.

7. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

BG2 (I bought it late) and then IWD2 brought me here, as I was looking for the all-deciding answer: Paladin or Ranger ? Sorcerer or Wizard ? Two-handed, dual-wiedling, single-weapon ? Demi-Lich !

8. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm not quite sure but I think SP was refered to in a FAQ/Walkthrough by DSimpson. So I got here.

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    BGII - Kangaxx if I recall correctly.

10. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  11. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I was searching for my first computer game and came across BG and TotSC in the used section for $20! Being a D&D freak from many a moon ago, I had to try it ;) I was instintly addicted and had to learn more, did a search and bingo! Unfortunatly, finding this site was an even worse addiction :doh:

12. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I found it while looking for mods for BG2. I spent a week or so exploring the site until one day something caught my attention on the homepage, in the Latest Active Forum Threads window. A topic named "Why do we hate the USA?" So i decided I just had to join then.

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

A search for BG, though it was too big and menacing for me at first, been the newbie I was ;)

14. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I've heard people talk about SP on other boards. It made me curious enough to go and see for myself.

I like what i see. :D Although i kinda miss a Morrowindforum.

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    A long, long time ago... I was playing BG2 and got stuck... in the mephit cage room!
    So I asked a friend for help, and she told me how to get thorough the rrom and cheat Artemis Entreri into my party... and, to use Shakdowkeeper to get a good portrait for him. So, I stuck "Shadowkeeper" into the search engine and klicked a promising link... and fouund my way here.
    Of course, I remember tyhinking "I am not going back there!" after some of my very early posts got trounced.... but see me here? :p

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Seeking something in google or altavista. Some day later I registered on the boards.

17. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well, I found SP first time, when I was looking for IWD special patch. I found BoM about two months after that, when I was looking for good boards, and this one seemed nice. I'm happy, that I found my way here. :)

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I have a strange hobby typing radom name that could fit as a domain name, so one day I type sorcerer.net and then it actualy was a real site and 3 days laters I was a member of BOM... Pretty weird eh?

19. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I only found out about this site because reepnorp is my brother and he was a member. The first time I saw it was the first time someone posted the Name That Beard game, and reep wanted to show our family. At first, I just thought the game was cool, but then I noticed SP, went there on my own, and saw that some of the other stuff on the Boards was cool, so I signed up. Come to think of it, I don't know how reep found out about it in the first place...

20. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It started with the beginning of my still-enduring love affair with the Infinity Engine series. Very early on, I had been looking around for Dan Simpson's IWD walkthrough. I had looked at it earlier, but as with previous finds on search engines, my memory was fuzzy.

Hence, my discovery of SP. I've since become a walkthrough writer myself of sorts, but I've still no ego about saying that Dan Simpson's works are true masterpieces. Of course, SP offers plenty more for all of us.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.