1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sometimes we forget how good SP is

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Earl Grey, Jun 13, 2003.

1. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

1 4£$0 h473 ƒ0rµm$ wh3r3 3v3r¥b0Ð¥ 74£|{$ £1|{3 7h1$!!!!!!!!11

(Translation: "I also hate forums where everybody talks like this.")

What the hell does 'W00T' (with zeroes) even mean? Hmmm.

I especially don't like those enormous pictures they throw into every post, no matter how small. I've seen oodles of posts here at SP that are smaller than some of those pictures.

[Edit] Don't worry, I had to use this in order to get that message. I'm no leeter.

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

w00t is an exclamation of joy. :) It also happens to be the way Americans pronounce my name :grin:

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I love SP. Period.

I have been to many forums... well, not that many actually but to a few anyway, and after a while I have gotten fed up with them because of the reasons mentioned earlier. I remember once making a post on anoter forum, asking people nicely that if they could spend a bit more time posting and use full words and legible expressions. The result? a bonfire.

Nowadays there is just one other forum to which I go... the Matrix Community. It is funny how thety work a system that is so completely different from SP (They don't have rules. They have guidelines... :rolleyes: ) and still works pretty well.

But I still prefer SP. Long live Tal!

4. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Sir Belisarius. Is the symbol the swastika?

I reckon SP is pretty grouse! (Aussie slang...) I have looked at other forums and they are just too peurile for me. Besides it required people of intelligence to post on SP... (and run them! Thanks to the special people in Admin!)

5. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    You should know by now that SP is the best! :rolleyes:

6. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I would never forget how good SP is. The mods keep it in shape. It's a kind of oasis.

7. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

@Soul - I can relate. This other forum I occassionaly browse through has SO MUCH l33t spelling in it... I think you can write an essay just using acronyms and such!

And you think SP's pop ups are bad? No way - by now I know how many ads come, and when they appear. In that other forum, they pop up randomly , sometimes in bunches too. :grr: So much more annoying...

8. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I belive i'm also one of the guys who's first registration on any forums was SP. I'm just glad i came across SP and not sometihing like Earl Grey showed us.
    And spammers are allowed some freedom(babbling post) rather than total annihilation of'em.

Sp is SP no more can be said period :D

The thing i especialy like is the absence of those large signatures. And then of course all the GREAT people up here. Sure thing that ;)

9. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Yep, truly a cool place to be. Not too big, not too small.

It's funny since on the first site I registered on, I post on a board where there actually are no mods at all, kind of a self-disciplined community. SP is a totally different posting experience, and I must say it's great too. :thumb:

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Discipline, dedication, perseverance!

:lol: :D :shake: :grin:

11. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I guess it's unanimous, S.P. is the "hands down" winner of best all around site and board. I've thanked Tal many times, and would like to extend that thanks to all S.P.'rs :thumb: not only are the moderators the coolest around but so are the members. :D

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

W00t translates roughly into Hell Yeah! And IMHO is the only useful |33t expression.

13. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Sigh and I remember when the CM forums were good as well :(

Lost touch with alot of the members though, prehaps I'll look em up. Cheers for the reminder :p

On topic though, it seems a growing trend for mindless 12 year olds and powermad 15 year olds to infest previously respectable forums, and SP is one of the few toeholds of maturity left in a land of post count uppings and "Beg for Mod status"

A crying shame really.

14. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Powermad 15 year olds? I'd be one of them, but I don't infest any forum. Infact SP is the only one I have ever posted on. And from what I know there are only three or four frequent users around this age or younger on SP.

15. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Without giving out other's ages I can tell that 8people is younger than us and I am only 16. I know a couple of more of us that is in this age.

16. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Yes, 8people is younger IIRC. There are also about two others i know of that are younger then me. Me been 15 that is.

17. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Well, i'm 16 and I don't consider myself powermad, yet I must agree that some past members of these boards have infuriated me with their idiotic and immature posts. But hey, what can ya do?

18. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] Actually, I'm not powermad. I just enjoy being the DM and sending Liches, Dragons and Tana´ri's at the adventurers if they don't stick to the plot. :p

19. Goldelf Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] skipping the three last posts i want to join in the praises to sorcerers place. i registered to about 15 boards in the past years and SP is the only one worth getting back to.

tribute to taluntain, blackthorne AT and extremist. i hope this website and forum will stay online for many years to come.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.