1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Nickname origins

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by LKD, May 11, 2003.

1. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@shell, you're not the first lol

Mine was the first name to spring to mind when I first got baldurs gate 1 (which must have been only my third game that I had actually bought, I had some older games off friends but had only just got my own comp) and created my character.

Since then I have used it for many other games, email addys, and a modified version (Lazy Badger) for videos, pics, music I have made and subsequently uploaded to the net.

However there is no actual special meaning behind the name, just the first thing that came to mind as a suitable name for a fearless fighter of foul fiends throughout Faerûn.

[Edit] :bang: :bang: :doh: :bang: :doh: :bang: :bang: DOH! Just checked the first post and this isn't a new nickname topic as I had thought but a bumped one and I scroll down the first page and I'd already replied. Dammit!

2. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You can see the meaning of my name on page 2. I just plain find it hard to believe that it has been 8 years since we came up with this!

3. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@BOC: Nope, can't take credit for that, though supposedly the Greek Bion was the origin of the "diatribe": kind of a cool thing for a message board ID, no?

@dmc: I thought you chose "dmc" cuz "grandmaster flash" was taken...

4. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I got the name when making a halfling character for BG and I couldn't come up with anything, so I asked for the help of me brudder who comes up with some awesome names for characters. Well, he reversed the first name of a gnomish character Koslur Mystywind to Rulsok but changed it to Rolsuk and I came up with the last name Fryulee with me noggin :D and now I use him whenever I can and it's my favourite halfling name

5. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'd like to believe I picked my name from the unconventional gopher:// protocol. But it isn't. I just made it up because it looked funny :rolleyes: Actually, first it was Gopherboy, but that was just dumb.

6. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Meh...I think I'm the only guy here who's got his name up...

You see, my full name is Mohammed Faraaz Ahmed...but everyone just calls me Faraaz...

7. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I like Elves. I also like swords.

8. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Our names are exotic and interesting enough without the need to make any new ones I guess, Faraaz.

I am Shrikant.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Your name always reminds me of Kris Shrikkanth, who used to play cricket for India.

10. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Oh!

It's been a long time since I changed my nick, but I haven't posted here about the new one (as new as it can be after several months :p )

Volsung is a hero from Scandinavian Mythology. His great-grandpa is (or was...as you prefer :p ) Odin and his grandson is/was Sigurd the Dragon Slayer (also known as Siegfried, in Wagner's Ring of the Nibelungen). He was a very strong king thus the whole bloodline took his name. You may see: "Sigurd the Volsung", or "The saga of the Volsungs", meaning the whole bloodline, not just this particular guy.

PS.
    oh, my previous and first nickname in this forum was Alexander the Great (or Alex the Great?? I don't remember... :/ )

11. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

[​IMG] Oh please, not here as well. I've been plagued by that sentence for all my life HB.

12. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

But we cannot help but ask, do you play cricket at all Shrikant? :p

Yeah, agree with you about the names thing...but not if your name is Subbaramakrishnagopalaswamy... :o

13. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

My name comes from one of the earliest Dungeon & Dragons Dwarven Fighters I've ever played.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.