1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your avatar

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Compulsive Dementia, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Just out of curiosity, what inspired you to pick the avatar that you did?

2. enjan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I just liked the look of it more than any other available avatar, and as for the text, it's from Milton's "Paradise Lost". I just think it kinda goes with the avatar.

3. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

It's also in Little Nicky :)

4. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

There was nothing too cool left. And I've always figured that of all the elements, water was something I was aligned with best (talented swimmer, good with watersports, the amount of time I spend swimming in, my interest in the properties of liquid, and the generally strong emotion that I feel when around water). So, since in addition to that I remembered that this thing seemed very cool to me when I encountered it in the game, I chose it.

My text is from Douglas Adams' Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

5. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, when I first joined SP, I wanted to call myself "Gandalf", my favorite fictional character, period. Couldn't do it. Funny thing is, I've never seen anybody logged onto here with that alias. So I started mentally thumbing my way through various Tolkien characters. I tried Beren next, and poof! I was successful.

It was sort of by accident that Tal discovered that I had written a couple of walkthroughs on SP, and subsequently offered an avatar. When I looked around the various choices, and saw the blonde-haired knight in shining armor type portrait, I thought to my self, "It works". As for the title, besides having a certain ring to it, "lovesick and lonely wanderer" is exactly what Beren was until he was (un)lucky enough to stumble upon Luthien in the elven kingdom of Doriath.

It's also consistent with my uncompromising defence of Jaheira. There's nary a poster here at SP who can say something bad about nature's goddess without me adding my two cents worth. I am indeed one of her most passionate admirers. I won't say the most passionate admirer at the risk of offending Chevalier or Jurts.

6. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If I play a RPG game of any kind I'm a sorceress/mage, something of the kind. Always. So I wanted something that looked magical, in a sense, and I thought she kinda looked like me, well, compared to all of the other portraits. And the text is also how I feel about love, if you read it in the right way...

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well the picture is nothing special really, it was just a picture that I had planned on using in a NWN world I was in for awhile. It could be seen as looking slightly like me though not much. His grumpy face reminds me a bit of me though ;)

My line is both a description of me. I am a confused jerk and has to have a say in everything even though I have no clue. It is also a disclaimed in a way that no one should take what I say too seriously. I think not taking yourself very seriously is something everyone should try to emulate.

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yes. Joacqin's avatar bears the unquestionable resemblance to the owner ;) I suppose it's also fond of excessive quantities of beer :p

Mine is just well, as it is - very similar to me. Well, more in general concept than physical resemblance, but still. Just suits a high int & high wis incaffeinated paladin.

9. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Of all the NWN portraits, I thought this one looked best. The elf looks mysterious, and that's why I like it. I haven't decided yet if the elf on the picture looks more good or evil. Either way, he looks like it's thinking about something, (or maybe daydreaming, which I often do as well), he looks very intelligent.

I like blues music and I got my title from a song called 'How'd A White Boy Get The Blues' from Popa Chubby. I just changed 'white boy' to 'old elf'.

10. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Well i think modrons are cute, and the coolest race i've seen in any of the games :) The line goes with the modrons who i think look like tv's, and also microwaves. GO MODRONS!!

11. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I used to have the snake that said "Don't tread on me", but when Ragusa changed his avatar to his portrait, I just had to have old Githy :) The cover of the Fiend & Folio always stuck in my head ;)

12. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well I like Drow elves :p
    My text is from Baldur's Gate 2.

13. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Hm, Khelben is the archmage of Waterdeep and only cool mage-typed avatar was mine so i took it.
    Actually i could change it for IWD2 Avatars but i became familiar with it and chose not to.

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, mine looks a bit like I do, and had the looks I was looking for in an avatar... as for the title, I am an author-wannabe, waiting to write and slash my way to fortune... note the horrid pun on "slash" :D

For some reason, people always make comments on the cleavage of my avatar. :p

(Who, me, hyper? Naaah....)

15. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

It looked kinda simular to me, and I just didn't want to become some goblin or kobold.

Actually I hoped that demogorgon would be in the list but it seems it's a three graphics combined in one.

Pity cause that was the closest thing to monkeys in all the games, there are just not enough monkeys in D&D :p

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Why... This is my Divine Disciple, standing in a blaze of glory, taking of his helmet to reveal his face to the person he just saved.
    I thought that best suited my favourite role playing character.

17. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Trias was the most pally-like when I chose my avatar, although I am now ironically becoming more like the fallen deva... :(

Pallies just don't have any mercy in them at all...

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I wanted someting that had wings, but all the winged avitars were female, so I was going to pick a portrait but none of the available portraits fit me...and then I saw "Spiky" over there and I was like, "Eh, he looks tough...good enough for me!"

@Sorvo: If you don't mind, I plan on stealing your avatar as soon as you change it!!! :evil: :rolling:

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It just fit like a glove, what can I say...

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You have strange hands, Tal...

I still wanna see the original tal avatar :bigeyes:

I'm working hard to get my own avatar, when asking if I can donate to SP I have moved from "No way in hell" to a "Stop asking or you'll never be allowed!!" I think I'm getting somewhere :grin:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.