1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SP Merchandise - Mugs, Shirts, etc.

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I finally went and started something people have been bugging me to do for ages, but now I need your help. In the near future I'll be opening a SP shop where you will be able to buy standard merch stuff like SP-themed mugs, shirts, mousepads etc. However, I have a great amount of items I could SP-ify at my disposal, so I need to make a selection of the most requested items first, and then expand if people actually buy any of the stuff. :D

Now, currently I'm not asking for ideas of what to put on those items (there'll probably be a separate topic for that later), but only what kind of items you would most likely want to buy. So click on the link below, take a look at all of the stuff, and write down, in order, items you would most likely buy. (And use the same wording for a certain item that is used in the picture below.) Thanks!

Link: http://www.sorcerers.net/_upload/image.php?image=sp_shop.jpg

[ May 08, 2003, 10:56: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

SP Panties? :lol:

I'd buy those!

Seriously, I'd go for almost any coffee mug. Preferably the "Large Mug"

3. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I wouldn't go for mechandise that is useless in the wrong sizes with all our human doubts and international differences in size measurements. So most clothing is out.

But! On the Other hand, I would go for merchandise where we could show other people our dedication and love for SP, if nothing else just to brag, heh :) so with that in mind;

The caps are superb. Fits most and can be worn at all seasons and not that expensive. And everyone wears one. Of course Mugs are always a price winner. Hardly for this Crowd though? or am I mistaken? Could be, I often am :) I guess anything goes just as long as the logo is there. but the Caps get my definite thumbs up.

By the way, Where's the Idiot of the week Plaque gonna fit in. I would sure like to hand that one out to my students. *snicker*

[ April 12, 2003, 03:18: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

4. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

plate mail? crossbow? sword? dagger? no?

how about cap?

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Lunchbox...Definitely a lunchbox!

6. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Tal, i think a Mug is a must and i'd love to have mouse-pad of SP while surfing on the net.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'd go for the mousemat and probably a sticker :spin:

8. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I'd buy a mousemat and probably a cool mug too :thumb:

9. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

What about a wallpaper, a reall :D y nice one... That would be nice :D

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    A mug, definitely... (and the another and another and another 'cause I'd keep breaking 'em. :( ) A mouse pad, too. A poster would be the epitome of wall-decorating coolness... T-shirt is something I'd get, too, as well as one of those caps.

Of course, then there is the thing I DEFINITELY want... the TEDDY BEAR! :p

Actually, whatever merchandise you make I'll probably get.

(*runs off to read*)

11. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] A suggestion: A Tal action figure!

Complete with fireballs and lighting bolts and every metamagic feat in D&D!

Robes and staff included. :D

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Shura, your a genius! And we can have little Ex and BTA ones as well. And for a supervillian there can be Istari of Thay and IaaA? figurines ;)

13. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

No offense Tal, but who would buy this stuff? Only some of the most loyal visitors of SP would buy things like mugs and mousepads or bumperstickers. Nobody who is surfing the web thinks: "Let's buy a T-shirt with a site name on it, of which I never heard before." Only the most loyal SP-ers would buy this stuff, so if you sell like 20 or 30 items, that would be it I guess. The idea is great, but I just think you would be puttting more money in it, than you will ever get out of it. Just my thought on it.

14. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Definately a mousepad and a mug! Preferrably the Large Mug, but the Frosted Mug looks cool too.

15. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Okay...Realistically, I wouldn't buy a lunchbox (My Empire Strikes Back works well for me, thank you very much! ;) ) But if you had mugs, I would buy one...

16. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I guess the cheaper stuff will be the safest bet (though that makes the postage more significant as a %). Looking at what other sites do, mugs, caps and T-shirts are the safest better to start with. I wouldn't worry about the size issues on a T-shirt, small, medium, large etc will do for most people. What will make a difference is what they look like (logo etc) and the colours. For a site like this, I guess black T-shirts will be the main colour. Personally I'm a blue or green man.

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Shot-glasses.

18. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I would like suff with a famous SP-text on it:
    Sticker: Stick to the topic
    Underwear: Knock it off, you Bozo!
    :grin:

19. The Archmage Neon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Definately the mug or large mug, the T-shirt, if you actually made one the hooded sweatshirt, and the thong for my G/F!

20. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

BOXERS BOXERS BOXERS!!!!

Seriously, everyone needs a good pair of SP boxers.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.