1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerers at PC Gamer

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Slappy, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Dear All

For those in the UK, did you notice that Ross had Sorcerers as his site of the month for May 2003 (Issue 122)?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Really? Now that's interesting. Just the url to SP or anything else? Can you get a scan of that? I'd appreciate it.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] May 2003? :hmm:

Isn't it April still?

Anyway I'll look through my friends collection - he has them all the issues for about 3 years now.

4. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

PC Gamer always go to shelf a month ahead 8people, as do most gaming magazines I believe...

5. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Wow, Thats Cool. Congrats Tal. I'd like to see more or get more info on what it says, also.

6. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Great! Congratulations Tal. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Kudos to BTA, Extremist and the other mods. News Staff, great work. :cool:

7. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sorry if I seem... uninformed... but are you saying that sp will be mentioned in PC gamer or what.

8. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Nope, as mentioned above, many UK magazines have the issue month date of the next month (silly I know, marketing madness). Anyway, I've scanned it and sent it to Tal. Sadly it's not much.

In their net section they have a side bar where the writers list there favourite sites of the month. Ross Atherton, who is the games editor and a big RPG fan (it was his review of BG that prompted me to buy the original. I've also met him and he seemes like a really nice bloke - helped me load my nice shiny PC Gamer prize into the car for example), listed www.sorcerer.net as his recommended site with the caption 'there are Goblins everywhere.' Any PC Gamer readers who like their RPGs know that Ross knows his stuff, so I would expect there to be quite a few checking the site.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  10. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    So is Ross actually a member on here?

11. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Wow, congratulations Tal.
    I hope that the number of members and visitors of the site increases with this.
    Again, congrats.

12. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] Congrats, Tal.

An excellent site deserves no better and SP is one of the best websites online these days.

13. Ex-Paladine Banned

Congrats Tal,

I hope your site will be better,,

Congrats again..

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Kudos!

I'm guessing that all the USA anti-war blokes in the Alley are the "Goblins" he's refering to ;) j/k :lol:

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Laetentur caeli!

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Or, Math, Mr.Ross is a bit behind and thinks that our newbies still have that goblin avatar. :shake:

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hmm... I sense some fun here... Master of Nuhn, what goblin avatars?

18. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The system used to be avatars not gems, chevy ;) Was the goblin the first? I can't even remember what I made it to before I got my personal avartar :( Oh yeah, CONGRATS! Tal :)

19. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Actually I think it was the "watcher" first. Some kind of eyeball. Then you got to be a goblin, and kobolds, taslois, and xvarts weren't far behind :p .

But now to the topic at hand.

This is awesome news. Good recognition for a good site. Keep up the good work Tal and Crew.

Edit:
    Luke NOObwalker: "You knew of the old icons?"
    O-Big-B-Wan: "Yes, I was once a xvart like your father."

20. Taluntain

Media:
    Well, this isn't the first time, SP has been in PC Gamer before (that I know of), at the time of the first Icewind Dale.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.