1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most hated character (NPC)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Chelsea, Feb 2, 2001.

1. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I kind of liked everyone except Nalia who never had any fun dialoge. Boooooooring!

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Oh yes and for my high standards Nalia´s a thorougly incompetent thief, a real shame for this honourable profession, tss tss :)
    I guess I`m going to keep her for a while just to learn about her quests and after that I´ll kick her off or exchange her for Imoen.

3. Silroth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Why do you measure Nalia by her thief qualities??? She's basically a pure mage (dualled at lvl 4) who can - as a bonus - handle long swords, wear armor in need (or elven chainmail allways), help avoiding traps and blow a big hole into an enemy.

4. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Yes she is a mage but shes wasted four levels of XP and can therefore not become really powerful and if you wanted a good dualclass mage/thief i definitly would not not be her, i mean look at her thieving abilities if they wanted someone to be used only as a mage then why didnt they make another mage. and another thing why does a noble girl wants to be a thief?

5. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Yep. Thieves forever!

6. Ragusa

Media:
    :D hehehe :D

7. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

sorry

but thieves annoy the hell outta me! :D

mainly coz most players use them for their "backstab" ability. If someone starts to jest about how good their thief is at back-stabbing... i'll chop their nads off with a cheesegrater.

I only have a thief coz it's required... and i usually have Imoen... coz she is a Thief/Mage... and i like Mages and her thief skills can come to some use.

8. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] No characther is bad if you just use them
    correctly.
    Example: Ha'er Dalis. He sucks? No way.
    Give ham bracers of defence instead of armour and he can cast low-level spell's real good. For example acid arrow that relies on the level of the caster...and bards level quickly! Give him some nasty weapons and a girdle of giant strength and
    he can do at least moderate amounts of damage.
    Use defensive spin and he will be almost
    untouchable. Mazzy's profiency in short swords? There is lots' of good short swords!
    Yoshimo not good in combat? HE'S A THIEF!
    Set up a few traps instead.
    Heck I have even heard people say Jaheira is useless...no way. With her +4 quarterstaff
    she's just as tough as Minsc!
    Any characther will kick more ass than a sadist convention if you use them correctly!

9. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Divine´s right *except that Haer´Dalis does suck*, but that´s an affectional thing :D

Thieves are cunning cowards. Their pragmatism and intelligence make them by far more sympathetic than numb rush-straight-ahead fighters dressed in 70 pounds of steel.
    Why should a thief (anyone) be so stupid to attack with flying flags when he can attack his enemy at his vulnerable points (means: BACKSTABB) and live to tell the tale? Backstabbing is intelligent when you have -2 AC - if you can´t be seen you can´t be hit, so I don´t quite get your point Deano :D

Deano, do you need to force your way to your enemies with a stupid fighter character carrying a +3 tower shield, giggling "Hihi, they can hit me but they can´t hurt me, hihihi!" ? :D :D

10. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, but if you take the items you give to Haer Dalis and give them to someone else, your party is all the more stronger.
    Give Edwin the bracers, Jaheira the belt of strength, etc. Haer Dalis is just a useless shit that serves no purpose for both powergamers and roleplayers. I like having Mazzy around though. A solid character and an excellent archer. And I don't find her annoying at all, rather steadfast and dependable( which beats "go for the eyes boo" , not that I don't like Minsc ). And Yoshimio's just awesome. To get unlimited traps, use up all your traps, click on the dual class button, then click cancel and voila, replenished traps!!! Of course, I never use this technique at all personally. :D Anomen's a real ass, however, granted that he actually becomes quite better later but I just couldn't put up with his attitude. I usually kill him the moment I meet him in the Copper Coronet. And Deano99, join the club of sorcerer-disgusting!! :D :D Slice, dice, hack, woohoo

11. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Complete nonsense! Look at her stats! She wasted 5,000 XP. 5,000! That's nothing. A plain mage will not reach one level higher than she will. She will reach level 17, a normal mage will reach level 17. The only thing bad about her is that she doesn't have 18 INT (and some of her dialogue of course).

12. Deano99 Gems: 9/31

urm Ragusa

i think it is FAR more honourable to bash your way through a bunch of enemies than running up to them with a "hidden in shadows" thief. That Hide skill in a PnP game would only be viable if the thief had shadows to hide in. Bg2 there are not many situations where there are enough shadows to hide in.

So don't give me all this CACK about it's an honourable tactic for a thief to run up to them... hit them hard in the back... run off... hide again... and stab them in the back again. In reality no one would stand in the same place to be hit again. :mad:

So yeah... i do like to run into a fight with all my party and see how it turns out... and use my Priests to Heal up a party rather than getting one character to do all the work. :D

13. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] I guess we have a philosophy conflict here, Deano :D

I´d like to have better AI in the game sometimes. You´re partly right, IT IS unlikely that you backstabb someone and he doesn´t change his place. But with a good thief this should not be a real problem for he should be able to kill at first strike and then has to struggle with the rest of the enemy party overtly :D

14. Ragusa

Media:
    :D Paladin player! :D

15. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Paladin bashing? On this board? can't believe it :rolleyes:

16. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Trust your eyes, Bel

17. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] I still think Ha'er Dalis is great.
    I mean...he can fight, he can turn himself invulnerable, he can use bards songs, he has a quite good lore value,he can cast spells and he has fun dialoge! What more could you wan't from a characther?!

18. Duskai Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] viva le sneaky thief type persons :)
    plus i get to wear slinky cat suit thingummy
    grrr ;)

ok, calm down me, patience is a virtue, and so are lacy undies....shhh

*note: i apologise for any offence caused by this post, i am plagued by my other self constantly taking over...wibble.. thank you*

19. Deano99 Gems: 9/31

i am NOT a Paladin player. I try to avoid them. Instead i play Clerics. Luv 'em.

:D

such as Anomen or Aerie who, okey are not pure Clerics like Viconia, but are kool nonetheless. But i still like to get stuck in. I think a Cleric that can cast the right spells such as Holy Power, can do as much bashing as any Paladin.

20. Ragusa

Media:
    :D Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiih! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.