1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Character Interaction

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sparhawk, Aug 22, 2001.

1. Sparhawk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I know about the rivalries between some NPCs, Edwin & Minsc, Aerie & Korgan etc. but what other characters interact without including romances? Will Aerie always leave if Korgan is in your party?

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

the romance doesn't interfere with the NPC to NPC interaction. Aerie will leave, or give you the opportunity to kick korgan out after a while anyway.

Same with Keldorn and Viconia, though that's a bit more bloody

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I think it should happen even more... You always get conflicts when good meets evil and have to live with each other!

4. Horvath Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

What's this stuff about Vicky and Keldorn, I played trough SoA and ToB with them, and nothing happened.
    Please tell me what's supposed to happen.

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

at some time Keldorn is going to attack Viconia, I dont know if it is changed in ToB or you have some 3rd party additions that prevent this. Else you might just be lucky ;)

6. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Pretty much all of them have at least some interactions. Jaheira probably has the most--even if you don't have a relationship with her, she has a few things to say to you, at least one exchange with most other NPCs in your party, and the most interactions with PCs on the street. Many of the NPCs form friendships or fight with each other over the course of the game, though only a few of the quarrels actually result in you losing an NPC (Aerie-Korgan, Minsc-Edwin, and Viconia-Keldorn).

I have a general NPC overview on my website which mentions which characters each NPC may develop special relationships with (either positive or negative ones). You can look at that if you want: http://www.geocities.com/bigorrin/amn.htm#NPC

7. Sparhawk Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] tjekanefir, it might just be my pc but it seems like your website is down.

8. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Yeah I get the infamous Yahoo geocities message that your page is not available also.

9. Gibben Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yep, it's down at the moment, but keep trying, it's well worth it . . . I've found it one of the most valuable SoA aids out there, AND it doesn't give away too much, as many walkthroughs do, if you want to maintain the fun of discovering the game for yourself. The most valuable part of the site is the complete quest list, so you can see if you missed anything -- again, without being given all the answers.

Try here, and work your way around the site (once it's back up, that is): http://www.geocities.com/bigorrin/amn.htm

10. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

*scratches head* I'm not sure what the heck is going on with that site. It was working fine till I tried to upload the Lando soundfiles to it, then it was working tetchily for a little while (I could reach it but not follow a link to it), and now it seems to be empty. Maybe the soundfiles were larger than Geocities permits for free sites.

Anyway, I should have it worked out in a couple days. Thanks for the compliments, Gibben!

As a brief summary since my website isn't available: Jaheira has interactions with just about every other possible NPC. Imoen has some interesting interactions with your character about the whole Bhaal thing, but very few with anyone else. Minsc has a negative relationship with Edwin but positive ones with Mazzy, Keldorn (who can even talk him down from his !$%*!! berserk rages), and Aerie. Yoshimo mocks Anomen a lot but nothing that comes to blows; he also has interesting interactions with Haerdalis. Aerie has a negative relationship with Korgan, positive ones with Minsc and Haerdalis, and one with Jaheira that is positive if she's not trying to romance you and incredibly catty if she is. Nalia doesn't have much, a couple small conversations with Yoshimo and Mazzy. Anomen's best relationship is with Keldorn (a relationship that develops differently depending whether he passes his test or not); he chats with your main character some regardless of whether there's a romance or not, and he has a lot of conversations with people on the street. Viconia has negative interactions with Keldorn, Aerie, and Valygar (though only the first ends in bloodshed), and gets some sniping lines in at some of the other PCs too. Korgan has a negative relationship with Aerie, and a positive one with Mazzy. He also gets to insult most people he would consider wusses (he seems to like all the combat tanks regardless of alignment). Valygar argues with Viconia (though they will not come to blows under normal circumstances), and chats with you, Keldorn, Haerdalis, and Jan. Valygar and Mazzy have a weird relationship; I think it's supposed to be a positive one, but Mazzy ordering the higher-level Valygar around because it "should be an honor to serve a knight" just made me kick her the hell out of my party. Mazzy also develops an interesting friendship with Korgan. Cernd and Jan will blather on about themselves to anyone who listens, so they get a fair amount of dialogue, but neither develops any meaningful friendships/animosities with other team members. Haerdalis has an interesting relationship with Aerie whether you are romancing her or not (though it ends differently depending if you are or not), and also interesting comments about Yoshimo and Viconia. Edwin has a negative relationship with his old enemy Minsc and some odd dialogue with Aerie (I'm waiting to see if it foreshadows anything in ToB). Edwin also has hilarious exchanges with just about every character in the game during his Nether Scroll quest. Keldorn has a negative relationship with Viconia, and positive ones with Anomen, Valygar, and Minsc.

Hope that helps. For more details, see my hopefully-back-up-soon website. (-:

11. Sparhawk Gems: 4/31

Thanks for all your help, a lot of the same people are answering questions set by me. I think you missed out the fact that Jan is willing to discuss turnips, or griffons, or his family to anyone! Is it just me who gets irritated by Aerie's constant complaining and self-pity?

12. Gibben Gems: 2/31

Well, my PC is dating Aerie, so he finds it . . . endearing. Yeah. That's it. Endearing. :rolleyes:

13. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

*sigh* Well, I hope you saved a copy of it somewhere, Gibben, because my BGII page is gone for good. Geocities has apparently deleted my friend's entire site (including the personal page he'd given me on that site, which had been my Amn page). This is only a minor catastrophe compared with the ~40 pages of detailed information about American Indian languages we had spent months working on which are now completely gone. Apparently this had something to do with the "Lando" soundset. Maybe Billy Dee Williams got pissed. I don't know.

I don't anticipate the site being up anywhere anytime soon. If that changes I'll let you know.

14. Gibben Gems: 2/31

Ack! I'm soooo sorry, that's awful!!! You had no back-ups of your language work anywhere?? Ugh.

Unfortunately, I had not saved the actual pages of your work, myself, either -- I just have the bookmark.

Hmmm, something occurs to me -- OK, I just did a search on google for "tjekanefir" and got a few listings, one of which is on Geocities -- Hey, I got it! Why I love google is the 'cached' option of a search -- I clicked on the cached version of your 'Cool Things To Do' page, and it (the SoA stuff) came up! I've saved it, and am looking for your language stuff -- let me know when I can e-mail you with the html pages physically attached (have both 'Cool Things' and 'Quest Directory'). I'll post again if I find any of the language pages.

15. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Oh, thank you, Gibben--but I do have backups of all my own work. I just have nowhere to put it anymore. I also have much of Orrin's work backed up (though not all).

I'm hoping the University of Minnesota may give the language work some free space, but I wouldn't be able to put the BGII stuff there. Maybe, once the crisis is well and truly past, I'll seek a new provider. But that's about 20th on a long list of things I have to deal with at this point, so the page is unfortunately down for the foreseeable future. I'm glad you found a cached version you can use for now.

Take care.
    L

16. Gibben Gems: 2/31

Tjekanefir, I've found your Native Languages Contact Page (with FAQ), which is leading me to cached versions of your index page, from which, I assume, I can retrieve all your pages -- let me know how many pages there are, in all, and I'll retrieve them and e-mail to you. Only text gets cached, no pics or icons/dividers, but I hope it's a good start for you . . . ?

17. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Greatly appreciated, Gibben. Drop me some email (tjekanefir@hotmail.com) and we'll talk about it!

18. Sparhawk Gems: 4/31

Tjek, I just went on your website, the content is great, it is detailed and helpful.

19. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Thanks, Sparhawk. I'm glad you like it. (-: And I'm doubly glad you were able to see it...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.