1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

For anyone planning on going to the chatroom tonight...

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by deBhaal, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I went on earlier, no one else was in there and it made me an Op!!! I was like cool, a promotion. Then reality set in and I new there was no way in the seven hells they'd give me those responsibilities! lol

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Linkline's up and down... As was said, Undernet is the alternative in such a case. If this situation doesn't go back to normal by the end of the week, I'll look for other permanent options.

3. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Looks like "irc.liveharmony.org" is the new alternate chat :)

[ February 21, 2003, 21:19: Message edited by: Sorvo ]

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Yes, everyone please connect to either irc.liveharmony.org manually via mIRC or go to http://www.sorcerers.net/chat_backup.php where there is a backup java applet.

If you have Sun's java and get a blank screen once the applet loads, simply refresh the page and the text input fields and the buttons should show.

[ February 21, 2003, 22:39: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Attacked by a *bleeping* 14yo?!?!?! Some kid really needs spanking :mad:

6. deBhaal Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Read Here if you still dont know whats happening exactly, and are jsut smiling and nodding along with what is said.

7. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

That's just ridiculous.
    Let's call these kidiots terrorist, cuz in a way, they actually are. Then we can ask the UN to form a resolution and threaten military action if they don't back down!

8. deBhaal Gems: 11/31

Hmm, seems the server is down again, but I couldnt find a reason on their website, so it might just be connection issues.

9. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

It's never "connection" issues anymore.

*sigh*

It's kids that don't have enough to do. Too few games. Not enough supervision.

And, yeah. Some of these kids are 43 years old. Living in the Phillipines. :(

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Yeps, Once again it's the bloody server... *groans*

(*hits the wall with her head*)

11. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    Bah, this sucks. I needed the silliness of the chatroom and the wise words of our ops tonight. ;)

12. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Uh, as I said before (do I have to repeat this every time?):

I put up a temp chatroom on Undernet, #sorcerers. It'll be up till the old servers come back. QuickChat will not function for that chatroom, only manual access is possible. I won't list any servers, you have dozens listed in mIRC already, just find one you can connect to.

This is ALWAYS valid when you can't access any other chat server.

13. deBhaal Gems: 11/31

Here is some info about the DDoS attacks .. yet again.

14. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    [​IMG] I know there is a temp chatroom on Undernet, I just had difficulties connecting to Undernet as well. (which was entirely my fault, but hey ;) ).

I guess my post wasn't very clear on that point. Anyway sorry you had to post it again.

15. deBhaal Gems: 11/31

Ok, liveharmony is back up ... whether it stays like that, is subject to time ..

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.