1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

must have items...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by San Ti, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Khemsa Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I always play some kind of mage multi-class, so:
    Amulet of Power
    Bag Of Holding
    Boots Of Speed
    Cloak Of Mirroring
    Ring Of Gaxx
    Staff Of The Magi
    Robe of Vecna

Or, replace any of the above with the appropriate item from the Stuff of the Magi Mod.

2. Hydragyrum Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I am Playing a Paladin (Undead Hunter)
    The Armour of the Hart and Sentinel Shield +4 are invaluable when standing toe to toe with big monsters. The Helm of Beldarren and Ring of Earth Control, along with a Dext. of 19 give me an AC of -13. The Cloak of mirroring completes my protection. Add the Sling of Seeking and any one of the better Longswords and the result is a tank on two legs.
    A ring of fire resistance is also useful because I can survive charging a group of spell-casters while my 3 mages hurl in a salvo of fireballs.
    Does anyone know where I can find a +3 clothes brush to remove the soot afterwards?

3. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

... plus the Ring of the Ram. A priceless item, mainly for spell-disruption. Preventing a Timestop can make a sweet difference.

4. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

@ Nakia Nightshadow
    You can get scroll cases and gem bags in the shops.
    I found 4 scroll cases and 3 gems bags in shops in the first few areas in Athkatla (Waukeen's, Slums, Docks).

5. Minh So Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I rarely use Casolmyr these days :D

6. Hydragyrum Gems: 4/31

[snip]

Having just done two levels, I must add a Rod of Ressurection to my list of Must Have Items. :p

[ToB content removed.] -Tal

[ January 26, 2005, 21:01: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

7. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The equipment from the Demonknight Lord in the Underdark, after you sacrificed an animal on Demogorgon's altar.
    Man, what a fight you get from its guards.

8. Hydragyrum Gems: 4/31

Well you can't expect the guards to have nice tools and not use them!

9. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

yeah, but why is only one of them carrying de beeg loot?
    (grins greedily)

Anyway, I second the idea about beltS of strength. I usually play a warrior-heavy party (multi and/or dual class cleric and rogue-mage, the rest warriors) and it helps to have all your party save the mage at 20+ Str

10. San Ti Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

one question if i work for bodhi do i get amulet of power?

11. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I think you can get it from Aran's corpse.

12. San Ti Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

ok thank you

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.