1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What the hell happened to SP?!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by SlimShogun, Jan 29, 2003.

1. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Hello again, everyone. I have returned.

I guess this can be considered controversial, and I don't wanna make a bad [second] first impression on the Tal-ly Man, so I put this thread herre. Anyhow, what the hell happened to SP? Maybe I'm just a silly liberal, but has anyone noticed some changes in SP over the last coupla months? Whatnots went from random topics with coherent posts to unintelligent topics with random posts. Those damn conservatives are everywhere, and Shralp is a no-show. Good thing Laches is still herre. And why does one person have 25% of all the topics in Whatnots? Boohoo, I miss the old days. And by old days I mean [three?] months ago. Anyone with me?

2. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Whatnots split into dumb topics, Whatnots, and smarter topics, Alley of Dangerous Angles.

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    From what I've read of your posts so far this morning, I'm glad you're back to keep things around here hopping! :)

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Yes Slim there are changes on SP, you just forgot to read about them. Like Shralp did. :)

He came here a month ago asking why there weren't any new Amererica Bashing topics in the whatnots and left... I hope you find your way to Alley of dangerous angles.

5. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I have, and it's lookin' pretty ugly.

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I agree, there is too much seriousness in The Alley. We need a few light and happy posts to break it up

7. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The Alley's main purpose is for serious discussion. That's like saying we might as well talk about BG2 in the IWD2 forum.

[ January 30, 2003, 11:04: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

8. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Slim ... welcome back. We need some intelligence around here.

I miss Sharlp sooooo much!

9. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Oh my... what has happened to dear old Sorcerer's Forums Place Net? Is that the name? It has been so terribly long and everything has fallen apart.

I see encouragement to Sior or whatsisname for new topics sprinkled everywhere and scattered pleadings for intelligence below my feet, pointless rambling topics and single-cell idiotic foghorns of the opinionated-without-a-purpose, while still yet new fans rip through the orc mud like mosquitos and jump up and down and up and down trying to make an impression in this city of angered, corrupted, saddened smilees and incompetent President Bushes...

What has happened?

Bah...what's the time? May as well leave now.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Anyone else need to get a load off their chest? I hope this topic is at least therapeutic for you. :rolleyes:

11. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

To be honest i've not noticed a difference. Sure with the release of IWD2, it brought in many new posters. But what's wrong with that? Better than having the same few newbie bashing veterans posting all the time.

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

What happened? I havn't noticed that much change. Do let us in on your great secret knowledge on how this site should be oh wise ones :rolleyes:

13. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Change is a shark in the ocean. Change never stops, never sleeps: it must always keep moving. The good news is if you hate the way things are, they will change. The bad news is if you love the way things are, they are certain to change as well. The only thing inevitable about life is change, not death. Change is here to stay!

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    [​IMG] Personally, I'm really enjoying the variety of conversations and opinions. No where else in the course of my daily life do I have the opportunity to contact so many people of such different ages, nationalities, and backgrounds.

Thanks, Tal! :roll: :thumb:

15. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    IWD2 is the source for all this eviliness, the n00bs attacked and struck hard!!

Close down the IWD2 or at least let only Vets post in it, not 1337´s i hate 1337.. :mad:

16. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Well, I have nothing against Elios in person, but that FLOODING (I have no other name for it) IS annoying. So maybe you tone down a bit. :) So there.

Live happy and holes in the socks for everybody.

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Eze, thats not flooding, flooding is posting hundreds of post just to annoy people. Elios is posting quality posts about things that people actualy care about.

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hey... come on!
    Who says "Serious" can't be happy? or light?

(being a pain)

19. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Looking down this list, I can see that, aside from Tal, I have been here longer than any of you.

To be honest, I can quite easily say that very little has changed. The essence of Sorcerer's Place has remained basically the same since I first arrived, although with the introduction of new games and the passing of time, it has become better and better. Many many people have come and gone, and if any of you feel any sense of nostalgia about the way things once were, it is due to the people who were around then moving on. No two people are the same, and expecting everything and everyone to remain exactly the same while you are gone is just ridiculous. People change, but it is the community that remains. Stop complaining and enjoy it for what it is.

20. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

That's right, Yerril...I completely agree. The nostalgia is due to the people who were here, then moved on, and got replaced by other people...uhuh, intelligent, interesting people got replaced by annoying n00bs that try to have an opinion on world politics (or some such anyways). Sometimes they succeed. But when they fail they do it so DRAMATICALLY that it lowers the quality of the forums. This time last year, I was the omnipresent presence on the boards and in the chat...this year I have better things to do, but even if I didn't I still wouldn't be able to take refuge here on SP. The chat has gone to ****, the forums are better than they were a short while ago and much, much worse than they were a year, a year and a half ago. SP is now a more complicated, more elaborate, more information-replete site...but is it better?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.