1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Have an idea to help out SP

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Elios, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

OK, here's the idea.
    1) Tal graciously presents us with a mailing address.
    2) You take a dollar bill, wrap it in a piece of paper, place it in a security envelope.
    3) Address the envelope to the address Tal gives us and drop it in the mail.
    My guess is if everyone does this, Tal could get a nice sum of money for use on SP. Plus a dollar is not a huge chunk of change out of your wallet. heck you could probably round up that much from a few coin returns on pay phones.

2. The Archmage Neon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I like it, and if the 4000 sum odd people do this, then he would be able to keep SP up and running for quite some time!

3. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] I'm for it. So far I have been having nothing but fun, One Dollar is far more than a fair price to donate. Only if it is kept as donations.

Uh hu, it would truly suck to one day hit my bookmarks button and find out that Sorcerer's Place is gone. :cry: ( Bad thoughts, bad thoughts, think of happy place, happy place...Awww, much better.) :D

A P.O.Box sounds good to me. To be on the safe side. :)

4. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

And of course, we all get to choose our avatars, and Tal will arrange for a nice meet for us all somewhere whichafter everyone who was in the meet would get moderator rights and..

No seriously though, a good idea. One or two euros wouldn't be anything for just one person. If the transportation of the cash is made easy, then I'm in it. I'd rather it was done electrically though. Tal give us an accountnumber that all of us using a net bank service can use to give a couple of euros. I've no idea how it works outside Finland though, as I've only ever handled domestic bills myself.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Huh? This has been available for the last year and it seems most people here don't even know about it... Amazing. You have a link to a page with info on how you can help on every page of SP. See http://www.sorcerers.net/Main/helping_sp.php

Most people who have an avatar/portrait here got them by donating that way...

Anyway, there are only 500 or so at least semi-active members of the boards, and most of them have contributed to SP in some way already. Considering the server costs alone to me are over $140 every month, every bit of cash I can get helps.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  6. Elios Gems: 17/31

Ok, there you have it folks. The link has several options on how to donate. My deepest apologies Tal for not finding that info or knowing about it.
    So, the challange is out there folks. 500 or so members he says. Let's do it!

[ January 27, 2003, 11:24: Message edited by: Elios ]

7. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I'm about to donate some money, but I'd rather do it by other means than direct mailing. (I'll go by bank) That way I'm sure it'll arrive, and it won't cost me more on postage than on what I'm gonna donate ;)

Expect my money in a short time Tal :D

8. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I think that if you want to mail Tal the money you'd better put more than one or two dollars/euros in the envelope. It wouldn't be worth it, since the postage fee alone cost me about 4 euros and it'll definitely be more for those of you living in the US or other such exotic places. ;)

Other than that wonderful idea!

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actually, I got some mail from US lately and the shipping costs to Slovenia were under $1... Regular mail's cheap there.

10. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Hmmm...for anybody who's interested, I sent Tal a christmas card + present (£10 in this case) via mail, and it took Royal Mail less than a week or so to get it to Tal.

And it only cost 60p for Stamps. It got there fine (i hope :) ). So there you have it. :D

11. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

you could always send the money to ...

Mathetais the Fighting Cleric
    P.O. Box 777
    Chicago, IL

;) :good:

12. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Uhhh.... for your self? Or would you then forward it to Taluntain? ( Haven't been here long enough to use Nick names.)

I think it would be alot easier for me to do that then say not write the the proper address or mess up on the postage. :D

13. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    We have a couple of slight problems here
    1. what do English people do? We have no dollars. Would £1 be the equivalent?
    2. No credit card or online banking account

All in all I think it's a good idea to have an address to mail it to. Go on Tal! :) :p

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] GreyCrow ... I was kiddin' ;)

15. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Any major currency you send is fine... Dollars, Euros, Pounds are all ok. (PayPal takes all of these, and so will I if you mail it.)

16. Elios Gems: 17/31

Whatever would be comparable to our US dollar. Maybe not what is equal in value, but whatever would be the comparable currency. If that makes sense.

17. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Damn, too bad. It sure as hell would be alot easier for me.

Electronically , huh, I could look into that. :)

18. Taluntain

Media:
    No one is required to send just $1. Send as much as you can afford. It's not like more than 5 people reading this will actually donate in any way. (If that, considering no one has asked me for my address yet, heh.)

19. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well I'm currently wondering about the damn 10€ (or less, or more) handling fee my bank is claiming to get if I'm to transfer any cash to a foreign country account. I should make sure my taxing issues are in check by tomorrow anyway so I'd guess I'll clarify the busiess with the bank at the same time.

Can't wait to get my own avatar.

20. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Just you wait 'til Easter, Tal. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.