1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

We See Your Name!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

YAY. Ofcourse, I don't repeat it. Thanks.

Eze dances a happy dance and hugs Tal

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, it doesn't really bother me, either. But, whatever. It is redundant.

People are just hard up for signatures, I guess.

Individuality.

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Considering the hard crackdown on the person currently known as X I think more people should be made aware that it is a custom that is frowned upon. He wasnt alone, not at all.

4. X Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

There was no hard crackdown on myself... Blackthorne and Tal both told me to stop pretty nicely... I argued for a sec... When I was informed it was part of the rules then I felt badly and withdrew my name from posts as well as Posting an apology to them on my free will (as well as in PM)

I am a really nice guy I just really did not know it was so bad ~shrug~

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I uderstand the reasons behind this, and apologize beforehand if I manage to forget to not yo add my name.

But commentting shall not end...

(*sniffle*)

6. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Actually even I think a short, everchanging sentence in the end is rather refreshing. But precisely that spamming of same useless information, wether an organisation, a link, or your nick which everyone already knows. That's stupid.

So Arab, keep doing what it is you do. At least in my opinion.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] joacqin, everyone who is doing it is being informed either by PM or e-mail, or both. The only problem is, most of them don't bother to check either. So don't presume we're being partial to anyone.

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I did

remember this:

:coffee:

Edit: and yes i end the coffeestuff here, for now :D

[ January 18, 2003, 22:51: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

9. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Just a small possable future. If the ever changing comment at the end of a post is allowed, like Ara's and Eze's ones (which I look forward to seeing everyday for their current and amusing views on life) what if a lot of people begin doing this? Only reason I hadn't done something like that from post 1 was from reading the rules I thought they were frowned upon also.
    A load of these in every post in every topic could be a bit offputting. Amusing at times, pure spam most of the time probably, but would it get annoying if people started doing this?

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    As long as it's different *every* single time, then it'll be tolerated. The main reason I don't want to see the repetition of usernames at the bottom is because it's totally pointless and a waste of half a second of my glancing at them. If there's always something different there, at least it won't be a total waste of time if I read it.

Still, I'd prefer if it wasn't done at all, just for the sake of those people who'd see it and think that signatures are allowed.

[ January 19, 2003, 11:32: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

11. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Good point Tal!

:good:

(when do you think I'll get in trouble for using the halo smiley at the end of most my posts? ;) )

12. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Heh, if you think a name at the end of a post is annoying, you should see other forums. Some have pictures half the size of my screen as a sig.

But I agree. Putting your name behind a post while it's also above your avatar, is silly.

Farag... whoops ;) :holy: :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.