1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Do You Read Before You Write?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Nobleman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Because then people just wonder where their post mysteriously disappeared and post again. :rolleyes:

2. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Which brings up a question I've been wanting to ask--How much time and effort does it take to sit and weed through all the posts on the boards and clean things up? Not even counting the rest of the site. And where on Earth do you find this time at?

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oh, not that much once you get used to it... I check the forums once or twice a day (if time permits), and make a sweep of all topics then. Depending on how much was posted (and how much of what was posted I also want to read in detail, not just scan), it takes from around 30 minutes to 45 minutes. This includes my own posting and fixing topic titles and links and similar.

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

@Ivanji, So certain are you...

I haven't voted yet. Cause I knew some hot shot would try and play Sherlock Holmes. Now I even had the joy of quoting Yoda ;)

PS. Perhaps I should make a new poll.
    Do you think before you post... :shake:

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Sprite, no you are not. I read all the posts too. There's really no point is posting something already said.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I try my best.... It also depends a lot on the topic. If the topic is a looong one, like a random babbling, and I have been ages away, I usually just scan it and pick the interesting replies.... but if it is an important one, such as an AoDA topic, I read all the replies before posting. Also, my state of awakenes and the time I have affects how thoroughly I read the topic.

I try my best, I guess.

Ara
    (Victim of circumstances)

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I now read everything in a topic before replying, I used to read most of a topic and usually read all - but now I definitly do.

8. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I always read everything if i want to reply. This prevents making stupid mistakes like posting the same thing twice. The problem is with posting on a forum that everything scrambles up after few post more often than not. Ah well that's the problem with modern technology what? ;)

9. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Depends. If it's a poll where my opinion is asked, I read all other opinions, unless it's a really big thread. Then I just read over it, looking for posts from certain posters, and add my opinion.

Discussion threads, if I have something to add, I read it all to make sure it hasn't been said already or isn't appropriate.

10. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Just like this one. Skim through the topic, and read any moderators, or in the case, administrator's posts. I mean, it's not like I'm reading feedback. Just general stuff.

Actually, I think the only time I've read any whole topic was the One Word Story... Gosh, that was hilarious.

11. X Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I always read before i reply unless it is on a thread 3+ pages hehe... then i read the first page and reply I am not bad... just lazy in forums

12. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] I'm usually on at least twice a day to see the new and interesting posts, and thats the only way I can manage to get through all the posts in a day :lol: And that way I can actually read every post, or at least skim it if I'm not interested in posting in the topic for whatever reason.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.