1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Fallout forum - Poll

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Foradasthar, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Probably there's been a thread/poll concerning this question many times before. But I'd like the modern opinion on things.

So has there ever been any Fallout -forums in SP. Has there ever been a serious discussion concerning this idea? I'm more interested in opinions about this thought than actually seeing it go through myself (afterall, it's an old game we're talking about here). So, here's the poll.

And after voting, why not chat about Fallout (1&2)?

[ December 03, 2002, 21:21: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 5 question(s). 17 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Fallout forum -Poll (17 votes.)

Which one was better, Fallout 1 or 2? (Choose 1)
    * Fallout 1 - 6% (1)
    * Fallout 2 - 24% (4)
    * Both were good, can't vote one over the other. - 29% (5)
    * Both sucked. - 6% (1)
    * Never played either. - 35% (6)

Was there any point in Fallout Tactics? (Choose 1)
    * Yes it was very good. - 6% (1)
    * It was ok. - 12% (2)
    * No opinion / Never tried it. - 71% (12)
    * Didn't really like it. - 6% (1)
    * A blasphemy towards what is Fallout. - 6% (1)

How excited are you about a possible Fallout 3 coming out in the near future? (Choose 1)
    * Extremely. - 35% (6)
    * I'm interested in the possibility. - 35% (6)
    * Don't care. - 24% (4)
    * Hope not. - 0% (0)
    * The worst idea in human history. - 6% (1)

Which would you say is better, the Fallout or the Baldur's Gate -series? (Choose 1)
    * Baldur's Gate. - 59% (10)
    * Fallouts. - 0% (0)
    * Both were good. - 41% (7)
    * Both sucked. - 0% (0)
    * Never played either. - 0% (0)

Do you think putting an own forum up for Fallout -series would be a good idea? (Choose 1)
    * Yes. - 29% (5)
    * Don't care. - 18% (3)
    * No. - 53% (9)

2. Akujin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

great games, wish they would make a third :/

3. vonGriffin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Fallout is not powered by D&D :eek:

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Fallout games are on my top 5 games ever and I can't wait for a fallout 3 (if it ever comes)

But I don't think another forum would be a good idea, wait for when fallout 3 will be announced :o :o then make a fallout 3 forum

:apeman got shot in the groin by a group of falloutfans for 140 hitpoints and collapses to the ground:

[ December 03, 2002, 14:20: Message edited by: Apeman ]

5. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Great games. Truly amazing. However, I don't think a forum is necessary. I would rather see a forum for a current game, like Morrowind.

6. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

This is a FANTASY website. And it isn't D&D only, it's just the games covered that are D&D only. I absolutley hate the fallout games. I found both to be dull, slow and tedious. I'd rather even play Pool of Radience! :eek: However, i'm thinking that I'd like to maybe see SP branch out to a select few other Fantasy games (like Arcanum and Morrowind for example), seeing as how there's been a big slowdown in AD&D CRPG traffic. Just a thought though...

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I doubt you'll see coverage of games outside the D&D strata on SP. There's quite enough to cover on D&D titles alone. And there's always more where that came from...

8. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Which ones?

IIRC there aren't any announced at this time.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    They will be, sooner or later. Trust me on this.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Ooh... Tal is hiding something from us!

11. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Tal ... is that just faith in the D&D franchise, or do you know something that you're not sharing with the rest of us.

And if its Pools of Radiance 3....don't keep the site alive just for that!!! ;)

12. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] It's more than faith, I can tell you that much. But if I told you anything more I'd have to kill you. :D

So, as I said, trust me.

13. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

That got me excited for sure. Always a good thing to get food for one's imagination.

14. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

Cant wait :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.