1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Future SP Logo Font

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Vince Clortho Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Man, -anything- but the NWN script. It may be that I just haven't "gotten into it" yet, or don't have the information yet to feel okay about the old lawsuit (which broke the Black Isle/BioWare team) but for the time being, if I am reminded of the game every time I come to SP, it's going give me a bad feeling. I voted for #3, (third from the top), which appears to be the current font... does this really need to change?

Not that SP&CGM are exactly comparable... but judging from that publication's recent anorexia (owing a dearth of advert pages?), their cover change in June 2001--ironically, featuring Aribeth--was not so well recieved.

This is not a "grim warning" about font changes, just... I noticed which one is winning the poll and just felt that this position needed voicing.

I hope this doesn't make me unpopular here, as this is only my third or fourth post. Please let me know where I am wrong or if there are people out there who agree.

2. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Anyone agreeing? looks to me as there are currently 13 people who agree with you on number three. Yup thats what the poll says.

If people get mad at you, then its because they are afraid of a talking mushroom :1eye:
    Just kiddin' welcome to the Taluntain the megabyte mage's Stronghold

[ November 15, 2002, 04:43: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

3. Vince Clortho Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Heh heh. More specifically I was wondering about the dis-ease over #2, and even more specifically its relation to the lawsuit and break-up. If it was merely a font question, with no issues attached, and no semi-political opinions expressed, I wouldn'ta been so wary.

Thanks for the welcome BTW. Scared of a talking mushroom... HA! (He is pretty cool, isn't he?!) :D

4. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] My vote went for #5. It's strict and good looking at the same time.
    As the runner-up I'd pick #3 which brings a nice touch of calligraphy and it avoids falling into a fantasy cliché.

#2 is truly horrible. It looks very amateurish.

5. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

[​IMG] I guess I'm part of the majority here; I also can't wait for those random backgrounds, b/c it seems pretty creative on Tal's part.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oh, I totally forgot about this poll. Actually, this has been decided on already, the winner is #3. I've already made more than 20 random logos with it. ;)

I'm also making good progress on the redesign as a whole. Basically all I need to do now is convert 500+ html pages to it. Ouch...

7. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

p.s. Tal, is there anywhere you can download the NWN font? And while I'm looking for things, is there a script for the D&D Geeks skit?

8. Quint Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Numbers 1, 3 and 5 and a bit too plain, I think. Not enough spice nor magic. Number 2 is messy and not very legible, looks like a child has scribbled it. Number 4 is the one I like best.

Oops. Just read your post about choosing #3 already.. too late :)

[ December 03, 2002, 00:49: Message edited by: Quint ]

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] NWN font is in the NWN/Misc subsection on SP.

10. Quint Gems: 8/31

Actually now that I see you using it (It *is* #3 isn't it?) ... it looks quite nice!

11. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

[​IMG] Thanks, Tal. I've been trying a bunch of different sites now, and...*sees everyone in library staring at him* ...oops, better shut my trap now.....

Edit-err, what NWN/Misc subsection :hmm: Please don't hurt me if you're getting frustrated from my incessant irksome queries!

[EDIT] Ohhhh :jawdrop: , the Miscellanea section in NWN! O.K., I thought it meant something else

[ December 06, 2002, 19:39: Message edited by: Tarol'azh ]

12. Quint Gems: 8/31

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.