1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

funniest person? :wail:

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by scarampella, Aug 30, 2002.

1. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I've been reading these boards alot lately, (newbie here that I am ) and I am constantly cracking up over stuff slimshogun writes.

Who cracks you up most?

2. soapy cuts Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Psycho, the fanged rabbit, only because I know him personally.

3. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Nearly everybody is funny.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The next moron who thinks these boards are so feebly moderated that they'll get away with any crap. Those are really funny. Until they get banned. :evil:

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well Tal, it does seem hard to get banned here (lulling us into a false sense of security?) but I've found out something. If you have AOL, its impossible to get banned. Its sends out a new IP address each time you log onto the net and... No Tal, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to give it away, no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

6. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Well, I remember several people who have been banned, so don't go thinking that it's not easy to be. And also, afaik, there are more ways to ban than IP banning, so I wouldn't get too plucky...

7. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@zaknafein

MOST ISPs use dynamic IP allocation, so banning a single IP is usually not effective. However, all ISPs have a finite IP pool from which to allocate addresses... and you can just ban an ISPs entire pool (IP range). Of course, this can ruin it for other honest users, which is why people aren't so tolerant of disruptive people on boards.

@Wildfire

There are? How can you ban someone other than by their IP? How else can you identify a particular user? Cookies are not effective, as they may simply be deleted. I can't think of any other way to single someone out...

8. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Hmm i think Sir Yerril :bigeyes: is the funniest but Shralp can give him a run for his money sometimes.

9. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

There are just too many funny members to list or remember. :D

10. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] Ego trip!! :bigeyes:

Shralp, definitely.

11. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Shralp, ArtEChoke, Nobleman, Namuras, Sir Yerril, Slappy, Sir Bel, Mat, BTA (let's not forget the how to make peanut butter sandwiches post :p ), Extremist (although I don't think he means to be :p ;) ) There's more, but these guys are the first to come to mind.

[ August 30, 2002, 20:14: Message edited by: Big B ]

12. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Heh. Thanks, but my vote for funniest goes to Poodle. Especially if you look at him in profile.

13. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I know I'm funny, but not on these boards.

Shralp and SlimShogun can both be funny.

14. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Me.

I think Slim is probably the funniest on the boards besides me of course but I won't be selfish and vote for me. But I can advertise.

If you are looking for someone funny, :lol:
    vote for the bunny. :thumb:

That has to be one of the cheesiest posts I have ever done.

[ August 31, 2002, 10:54: Message edited by: Psycho. the fanged rabbit ]

15. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

my brother was banned here so now oyu got a proof... he dislices it very mcuh... who of you actually remembers the uber-spammer DarkCroll...

16. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Dark who? Dark Fool? :p

No can't say i've met him.

He dislices it? eh? Sorcerer's place has lice? kewl! Thats a job Tal never told me about :p

17. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Sniper, to use sarcasm effectively, one must realize the most important part of sarcasm is the *delivery.* If the poster you were referring to used the word delouses , you would have come off as witty and intelligent. But seeing as how dislices isn't even a real word, the sarcasm just isn't there. What would've worked is something like this:

"See, I understand why he got banned. I mean, if 'He dislices it very mcuh,' he must've been posting some super-intelligent things, probably overwhelming us common mortals with his very presence, at which point Tal realized that these humble boards were not acceptable for such a godly creature..."

18. Sirdan Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Everyone here. Especially, Extremist, BTA, Slimshogun and our beloved pallies. :evil: :D

19. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31

All the members are funny but Yerril takes the cake!

20. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

More ego-trips!! :bigeyes:

Thanks, yall!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.