1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Minsc Romance

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by maipai, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    I don't see why Minsc must have a romance with his witch. I think Minsc needs a companion that is slightly loopy and as righteous as he is (and has the ability to kick evil's behind all over the floor). He just doesn't strike me as a person that will romance a mage/sorceress (whom he is responsible for as his witch).

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I didn't say he *had* to romance his witch. I'd rather leave the poor ranger alone with Boo, but you guys have other ideas. ;)

3. maipai Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

How about we bring back Alora and make her romancable? She's just so cute! Or Shar-Teel for the s&m crowd. Hehe.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Alora is back, but not romanceable. And at the moment the download is not available while the author adds to the mod.

5. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@Elfen Lied
    Err...but Keldorn has a family. Isn't it kinda wrong...?

6. Felinoid

It's based on the premise that he takes revenge for his wife's unfaithfulness. Getting her arrested, maybe even killed...it opens up the door. It would be an interesting dynamic, but I'm not sure how it would work. Yet another romance that would require some damn good writers to pull off.

7. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

yeh fel, keldorn only stays wit his family depending on how it plays oput right?, he can leave her she can leave him, they can stay together, he can kill her

and yes, it would need good writers. quite a few storylines for it isnt there?, his wife did cheat on him, isnt there an option where she runs of with whats his face, a female PC could then confort keldorn and a romance springs from there, or as you said fel, a romance could start with a female PC when he takes revenge for his wife's unfaithfulness, its not a really hard npc romance to work with.

[ August 29, 2006, 07:09: Message edited by: Elfen Lied ]

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

A Keldorn romance is being worked on, though the writer is having problems getting it coded. (I sympathize with her.) Link

9. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

Ah...true true, didn't think of that. Almost forgot about his situation with err...Maria? (Which is wierd because whenever I think of Keldorn I hear him exclaiming "Maria!" ).

10. NewMan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Aerie makes Minsc happy... what's important to Minsc after he feels he failed Dynaheir is for him to feel needed again and protecting Aerie does that.

Of course if you were to romance Minsc I couldn't see any conflict with Aerie anyway... she's just not attracted to him in that way.

11. Elfen Lied

yes thats true, the real problem is boo, Boo is the only being that Minsc is truly devoted to it seems, so i guessing a romance with minsc would only work if you could convince Minsc that Boo thinks its a good idea, i believe either Fel or Kuemper mentioned this before

12. Redrake Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

So Minsc would only romance zoophiles? :D
    Actually he could romance a female PC, provided she's a mage. Remember that he's looking for a witch. He finds one in Aerie, but why not the PC?

13. Elfen Lied

what zoophiles! when the hell did that come into play

minsc does what boo "tells" him right?. if boo "tells" minsc someone is evil then believes they are evil, and if boo "tells" him someone is good then he believes they are good.

so if you were to romance Minsc, you would have to convince him that Boo, Minsc's mentor and sense of guidance, that a romance is a good thing for minsc.

yes he finds a new witch, as he his trying to get in the Ice dragon Berserker Lodge, and since dynaheir died he is looking for a replacement, but only if they are the right class or combination of classes, aerie is multiclasses and so is Nalia, when you install the mod

14. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

Err...what are 'zoophiles' ? :confused:

15. Felinoid

You really don't want to know. Especially in Boo's case. o_O

16. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

Oh...Well I'll take your word for it then. ^__^ It sounds funny though...?

17. Redrake Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Someone who likes animals. Not like pets and not for dinner (or supper). :D

18. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

Oh...okay that's kinda wrong...-_-;; Err...thankyou for telling me...?

Edit: Wait! Since when does Minsc like Boo so much?! :confused:

19. Felinoid

Not Minsc; presumably Minsc's lady by what Redrake said near the top of the page.

20. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

Ah...ookay then...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.