1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Minsc Romance

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by maipai, Aug 11, 2006.

1. maipai Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Could someone please make a Minsc romance? I would very much like to see one. He's strong, gallant, a force of good, and unique. I have absolutely no idea how to do this myself. Thank you. :D :hmm: :help:

2. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

haha i like it, Minsc the romantic

there was talks where a female PC could do something so minsc get slightly more intelligent, then the two of you try to help minsc get his intellegence back, even though it is the mod that raised it in the first place.

but i think the concept may have been dump

3. Tressym Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

A Mazzy romance would be awesome, too. A force of good as well, cute as all hell, and besides - what can be better than a halfling lass?

4. Elfen Lied

i think there is a mazzy romance in production or it is part of a bigger mod

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Hasn't been too long since these exact questions popped up in another thread.

1. Addenyd, NPC who would romance Minsc: dropped.

2. Minsc romance mod for PC: hasn't gotten off the ground AFAIK.

3. Mazzy romance mod for PC: well on its way.

6. maipai Gems: 2/31

I would be willing to write the scripts for a Minsc romance. Heck, I used to go around quoting Minsc irl. :)

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I find a Minsc romance more disturbing than any other out there.

8. Tressym Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Maipai:
    Me too! Though my favored quote by him is from ToB - "Doan't teach MY hamster to suck eggs!!!". What adds to the hilarity, is that in Hebrew, which is my native languege, "eggs" is used as a commonplace word for testicles, same as "balls" is used in english.

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I agree, kuemper. Just what role would Boo play?

10. maipai Gems: 2/31

I could see why some might not like a Minsc romance, but more disturbing than the Imoen romance mod? That I don't get. Next we'll be seeing a mod for a Gorion romance.

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Uh-oh, you dissed the Imoen romance -- get ready to be flamed....

12. Elfen Lied

never actually played the imoen romance, is it as incest filled as it sounds?

and yes im not really sure how a Minsc romance would go. i think Minsc (and boo i cant forget boo) would be too busy heroing to get involved with someone, the closest Minsc gets to a romance is the choosing a new witch thing, with Aerie or Nalia.

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, from my PoV, Minsc is mentally challenged :rolleyes: or several sandwiches short of a picnic. :grin: He may be a man, but he comes across as very childlike, which is creepier than snuggling with your half-sibling.

14. Elfen Lied

yes, i dont think a minsc romance would be as good as any of the other romances available. now if the was a mod that when you try to romance a NPC that minsc has choosen to be his new witch, minsc is at first weary of your intentions with his witch or something like that

he is more of a guy that when your not macking on some chick you are romancing you can get a beer with or defeat evil with.

a minsc romance would be fairly limited i think, minsc is too preoccupied with getting into the ice dragon berserker lodge or whatever its called

15. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG]
    This would be a cool add on or mod or whatever its called.

16. Elfen Lied

yes, it that idea does seems a little more plausible than a full romance with minsc.

the minsc romance concept (whether it has been dropped or not) seems a little weak,
    there was talks where a female PC could do something so minsc get slightly more intelligent, then the two of you try to help minsc get his intellegence back, even though it is the mod that raised it in the first place.

i dont really see the point to it. i like minsc as the big dumb guy who deals out the excessive damage (well sometimes), but a romantic? not really a minsc thing, but i suppose there could be a mod where you do a series of trials with Minsc so he may redeem himself and try to get in the Ice Dragon Berserker Lodge, but that more of a straight quest mod rather than a romance type mod

Minsc gets annoyed when people try to take Boo from him, how will boo feel when someone tries to take Minsc from him

would be more interesting to have a Jan Jansen Romance. or a Cernd Romance

dug this up on the PPG forums

Re: How about a quest to restore Minsc's head wound?
    « Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 06:33:59 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think it was another forum, but I posted to a romanceable Minsc mod thead.

It was along similar lines, but much, much darker: PC is romancing Minsc, but wants to smarten him up a bit. Convinces him to get that restorative magic that everyone has been suggesting since the days of Branwen and Dynaheir. Minsc suddenly sees a dramatic increase to his intelligence and wisdom (well, not superhuman, but, say to 12 or 13 in each). But it doesn't last. He either sustains another head wound or the magic fades, and he's left with his old stats and the memory of what it was like not to think so slowly. He resents the pc for showing him something he can never have again. If you've read "Flowers for Algernon" or seen "Charlie" you probably know what I'm talking about. The challenge here would be to resist the urge to smarten him up and just let him be himself.

[ August 14, 2006, 06:12: Message edited by: Elfen Lied ]

17. Killjoy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

What the heck??

People want a Minsc romance now?

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Err... the idea of a Minsc romance is spine-chilling.

The Imoen romance was easily the best mod I ever played. Period.

19. Elfen Lied

yes apparently people want a minsc romance

20. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Personally, I've got mixed feelings about it. I mean, Addenyd was a great idea - who doesn't want to see Minsc happy with someone? - but romancing him yourself... That's just not how your interactions with him should be. He's the fun one of the group, and starting up something as potentially serious as a romance just doesn't feel right. I'd probably still try it out if it were made, but I don't think I'd get very far unless the writers were very good.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.