1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Just playing around....

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Julius Skull, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I wanted to create a subterranean race of Snow People; nomads that roam around snow capped mountains feeding off of lichen and moss, hunting reindeer and the like.... anyways, they are to look very similar to Inuit people. I've decided that they will communally live in a cave, which conveniently has a natural springs inside, and a naturally occuring bridge which leads to their open caverns. It's all in the works, but I'm using some rogue gypsies right now as my Snow People, and their tight-ass aerobics outfits just aren't cutting it. I tried modifying colour and appearance when I access the file from the pallette, to no avail. Is there a way to make my Gypsies seem more buff, and seem more clothed than they are? Why does my appearance editing screen give me no access to the modifications I need, like colour and so on? Anyone know? I'm only going for maybe some basic alterations, at best. White clothing would be a start.

JS

2. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] You have to create clothing from the item wizard, store it as custom, then go to your char, dump the existing clothing in the trashcan and equip your custom stuff.

What you see is what you get. Everything is trouser suit based, no robes, no skirts, no furs. There is hide, and you have a very wide range of colour control, lots of greys and off whites. The ac of the torso piece determines the ac of the whole ensemble. You can also add magic effects, eg cold resistance.

3. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Just thought i'd add, there is no way to customize the original creatures/models on the Pallette, apart from what weapon they are holding. Any other modification (armour, helmet etc) will not show up on the model, because they are all pre-made (ie. the model is not made to be changed).

The only way to change the appearance of a model's clothing, is to create a new creature, and make clothing/set armour on him/her/it.

Hope that clears everything up.
    :)

4. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31

OK, so I've created my new character from the character creator wiz, and I chose Male 05 for my prototype. He's gray, and has a hood, which is all what I need. I'd like white, can't change it at all (still) but I have equipped him with an axe via a pretty convenient drag and drop method. I have to wonder why those modifications, like helmets, shields etc. don't show up?? Would it have been that hard to program the modifications? I mean, you can do it with your own character when you play the game, why didn't they just use the same rules? I'm confused. I mean, when you go under properties, you have all of these great tabs to modify the character that you have created, or even a pre-existing one. One of the most important, I think, when modifying a monster is what it is going to look like. For this they have the basic tab labelled "appearance", yet nothing is accessible!! What's the deal?

[ September 12, 2002, 17:45: Message edited by: Julius Skull ]

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] The stuff (helmets, your chosen clothes etc) doesn't show up but it's easy to get round. Just use the race skin (human,dwarf,elf,halfling etc) then select male/female. Then do whatever you want on the appearance tab to make them look how you want. Once done it's time for the hard bit. You need to look very hard at human male 05 (or whichever you use) then open up the item wizard > armour > appearance. Then start messing with colours and torso/legs/shoulders and all the other options to make it look how it should. Finally because the appearance actually sets the AC and consequently the material give the character all armour and weapon feats (it's easier than having to do it after you test it, they can use everything this way). Then you can make human male 05 or whoever but with the faces/sizes/gender that you want.

P.S If you need help on getting the torso/shoulders/thighs etc right then just PM or post here and i'll try and do it (i've already done a couple for my own modules where i liked the clothes but hated the faces). This applies to anyone.

[edit] OK this is human male 05's clotheing for use for anyone -
    Neck - 00
    Torso - 10
    Belt - 03
    Pelvis - 16

Shoulders - 00/00
    Biceps - 05/05
    Forearms - 00/00
    Hands - 06/06

Thighs - 06
    Shins - 03
    Feet - 03 or 09 your choice

I have the colours but i won't list them here as they are difficult to describe, and also you said you wanted to make it white. I can send it to you if you want but you should be able to do the colours pretty easily (it's just grey and silver for both metals). Also use human head 02 to get the hood.

Hope that helped.

[ September 12, 2002, 19:27: Message edited by: Lazy Bonzo ]

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I'm not sure if you addressed this or not, but for anyone wondering, any of those models with a number (ie. Human Male 05) are default models. They cannot be changed. Though they can be equipped with items and will have the properties of those items, the models will not change.

7. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

That's what I was trying to say above... :)

8. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] That's just what I'm getting at. Then someone tell me, under what circumstances does the builder have access to the appearance modifications which cannot be used with the stock characters. I didn't really understand the stuff about thighs. What is step one to making a monster look like I want it to look like without using a method which relies on an unchangeable character. Can the appearances be made to resemble the closest approximation to what one needs? Has my question been answered and I don't even know it? :confused:

9. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] "Has my question been answered and I don't even know it?"

Yup, in my post above. Forget about modifying #05 etc. Custom design your own. Store it on the custom palette as 'Julius's icy armour' or whatever. Equip your char with it. It's that simple. ;)

[ September 13, 2002, 15:10: Message edited by: Erran ]

10. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] click. That was the sound my head just made. Item wizard... like... oh yeah man... there's more than just the first wizard your mouse scrolls to.... cool...

Thanks, got it.

JS

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.