1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Conversations and Scripting

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Lazy Bonzo, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Ok it's probably more scripting but it involves conversations. I think it needs variables.

What i have is one person (tane). When you talk to him you can get him to tell you the barman is having some dificulties. Then when you next talk to the barman you can offer to help. But at the moment you can offer to help (and say you've spoken to tane) the barman without speaking to tane. I think i need the conversation string with Tane to set a variable and then the barman to check the variable whenever you speak to him.

Then when you do offer to help you have to go and kill theses bats (yes i know they did it in the tutorials of BG1 and IWD (with rats and beetles respecitvely) but this is me doing it, so hmmph!
    What i want to know it what do i have to set to happen when you've killed the bats, so that the variable changes to tell the barman (and tane possibly) that you've done the quest?

I have looked in the SP pages on the toolset and downloaded the scripting parts. From there i found a few examples but can't work out how to use them in my module. Please help :help:

[edit] just found another problem that i think i need a script to make work. How do i make an object be inside a cage? In the toolset it is shown as inside it but in the game the creature is outside the cage (bad news for my adventurer :( )

[Edit] Just looked on the Bio NWN boards it's been asked about 5 times and basically it's impossible to put anything inside a cage, even a humanoid inside a humanoid cage, stupid mistake in the game :( The best solution was to put the prisioner in a room behind a door (see through one) that can only be opened by a key. Not a good solution but good enough.

[ July 31, 2002, 22:35: Message edited by: Lazy Bonzo ]

2. Masterfulks Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Veteran

I dont have any answers but I have a question of my own....

I have an adventures guild in my little mod and I was wondering how to make it so when the pc's bring what he wants that he would reward them with exp. and gold. Also how would I set it so that he would change text the after they completed a quest?

thx

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I also have a few questions along a similar vein. For my campaign, I want to have NPC henchmen actually pipe in on conversations (similar to what you saw in BG2). Is there any way to actually do this?

Also, how do I have an NPC become a henchman? Yes, I looked through the other topic on this, and it did not help at all.

[ July 31, 2002, 16:32: Message edited by: Rastor ]

4. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Ok i've solved my problems (took a lot of reading through everything i could find on variables). I now have other problems which im in the process of solving on the Bio boards.

From learning about variables i can help Masterfulks. Your problem is similiar to mine in that you need to set the variables then unset them. I can't check NWN at the moment (im at a different house to my house with NWN at). Read this variable tutorial it should help you (you pretty much just need to modify the "A REALLY SIMPLE EXAMPLE QUEST DIALOGUE" part).

When i can if you still don't understand and need help i'll paste in my scripts for setting and checking in conversations.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.