1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Captain America is dead.

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Sydax, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Yep. Marvel decided to kill him.

I'm reading Civil War and I'm 5 issues behind. So now I know what will happen thanks to media... :lol:

It is true that there are "political" stuff behind this murder? From what I've been reading, Cap America was against Bush politics about terrorism (well, not in that words, but very very close to them) so news here say that his death has something to do with that.

I really don't want to believe that, but after things like Janet Jackson, Darwin and "In God we trust" oversight "fiasco", I'm starting to believe that everything is possible there.

(This should be in Booktalk, right? Man, sorry)

2. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

They killed him about 8-10 years ago (I want to say) as well. His super soldier serum had unforeseen consequences (steroids anyone?) that caused him to "die".

It's just another Marvel plot to increase their reader numbers, you can almost bank on that.

3. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I am looking forward to reading this book. My comic book store is holding a copy for me.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

he's not REALLY dead. they'll bring him back, how much you guys wanna bet? this is just another shock-type tactic to increase sales.

besides, have you guys checked out "the new avengers" yet? Cap is the only thing holding that team together. no Cap, no avengers. he's really a very inspirational character i must say.

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Maybe you shouldn't spoil it in the title, dude. =/

6. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Them superheroes, dying all the time...

Now one question would be, which of the superheroes hasn't died a single time as of yet?

Tell me if you know, 'cause almost all of the popular ones with ongoing magazines have died, or lost their powers at least once. Alan Moore with Superman and Mzyxptlk in the what, seventies, early eighties anyone?

edit: Makes you appreciate gags like Mr Immortal more... (edited the phrasing a little as well...)

[ March 10, 2007, 16:46: Message edited by: Iku-Turso ]

7. X_Spearmint Banned

X-Man(aka Nate Grey) hasn't died. Though he is a newer superhero(I checked the Marvel directory).

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

not really a spoiler i think, I saw the news on the yahoo homepage news of the day part. just another publicity scene haha

9. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I wouldn't mind if he died for good. About time they put those age-old comic characters to retirement and found some new ones. After all, they have been (re)telling the same stories for at least the past 40 years.

And when it comes to Marvel, I believe the best comics came out between 1990 and 2000. The current ones are just so... meh. Yanks and their moral drivels. :rolleyes:

So yeah, I agree; he won't let him off the noose that easily. Why kill a milking cow?

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Although it's a 'we're in it for the money' -kind of thing I like the Ultimates and the way that storyline handles Captain America.

By the way have you heard about the Marvel Zombies or somesuch? Since they've already died, might as well have a story in which they've undied. I should get my hands on that pulp.

11. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I'm about to save those of you who haven't read Civil War $25.

First, read this to understand just how bad it is. Then read this for a more cerebral analysis

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.