1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently? #5

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by dmc, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Post on - as mentioned, for me it's the Da Vinci Code.

2. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Nobody True, James Herbert

3. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

A Star Wars book called Shatterpoint. its about Mace Windu. I have only read about 50 pages yet but its allright so far.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Just finished Moving Pictures by Pratchett. It started out slow but it's thus far my favorite Discworld book, it was hilarious :D That one part with Gaspode the talking dog and Victor talking about Ginger had me laughing out loud:

Gaspode: B*tches!
    Victor: I wouldn't go that far, she's just aloof.
    Gaspode: Loofs!

:D

Starting Small Gods now still by Pratchett.

5. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Small Gods is my absolute favourite Pratchett book. Well, that and Last Continent. ("Are you coming up the raw prawn?
    I'm not admitting to anything!")

6. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Currently, Heretics of Dune, to be followed by Chapter House Dune, and then on to Bran Mak Morn - The Last King.

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Orcs by Stan Nichols. He signed it at a fair.

8. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Another Pratchett person here...I'm reading Going Postal, and as always Pratchett hooked me with the first scene...couldn't bare to put it down, but alas I had to sleep :D

9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

The Origins of the Second World War- AJP Taylor

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I have been crazy busy lately so I have not had much time to read but I finished books one and two and I am in the process of reading book three of A Song of Ice and Fire.

11. Drow Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Im on The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan (3rd book of the wheel of time) The books are deffidently catching hold of me.

12. auril Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I am reading the Tao of Pooh.

ya know, simplicity, wisdom, and living like a stuffed animal.

13. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

A feast for crows, Martin.

14. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

The Pocket Guide to the Empire, which comes with Oblivion Special Edition.

The Stand by Stephen King when I'm done with that (ie later today). It's been a long while since I read anything other than King for fun, other than Pocket Guide.

15. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Book 7 of the Wheel of Time... and this time I'm trying not to gloss over the longest paragraphs.

16. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I just finished Magician by Raymond E. Feist. I've moved on to Queen of The Damned by Anne Rice, but I doubt I'll get very far again. We'll just have to see.

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

A really dodgy 50s pulp sci-fi books called 'The Pirates of Zan'. It's entertaining...

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella. awesome chick-lit :D

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@Ara

My little sis reads that stuff :p

Just finished Small Gods, giging Pratchett a small break, reading Farthest Reach by Richard Baker in the FR setting.

20. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    then your sister has good taste :p

Alo. have rea the Eagle has Dlown by Jack Higgins, and reread Bad Company and The HOur Before Midnight by the same author.. am currently cursing not haveing Dark Justice and Without Mercy in my grubby little hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.