1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently? #4

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Taluntain, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Got Assasins Quest by Robin Hobb today, I'll start reading that to finish the Farseer Series. It's bloody big though! It'll take me forever.

2. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    The Western Way of War - Victor Davis Hanson

Well, this is a rather fascinating exploration of the mechanics of hoplite combat.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

just finished Dances with Wolves.. AWESOME stuff. gonna have to go see the movie..

4. Drizzt Do'Urden876 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The Two Swords (Book Three of the Hunters Blades Trilogy) By: R.A. Salvatore.
    I love his books, they are always eye-poppingly :eek: great for me!

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

While away I finished the Kushiel's Dart trilogy and also read The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker. Am now reading The Handmaiden's Tale by Margeret Atwood - yay dystopia!

6. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Does that mean you ended up liking it after all, Aik?

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

It was good standard fantasy - not something I would rave over but quite enjoyable.

8. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

R.A.Salvatore, The Two Swords

Tom Clancy, Clear and Present Danger

When I'm done with the Hunters Blade Trilogy I'm due to reread David Eddings monster ten book Belgariad and Mallorean series.

9. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Warsaw city guide. How I hate this city :mad:

10. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Clive Cussler - Polar shift.

Enjoyable nothing more nothing less

11. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Very close to finishing The Vampire Lestat - 50 or so pages to go. I'll probably move onto Queen of The Damned as soon as I'm done, unless something else comes along.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

i read a number of the vampire chronicles. imo, the only ones worth anything were interview with a vampire and the vampire lestat. Memnoch the Devil was certainly crap. Not reading anything right now except economic journals and textbooks for school. can't wait until friday..

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I had not been reading since I arrived in Chicago but I went out to Pizza restaurant and brought my book along because I knew there was going to be a wait. As typical with me, once I start reading I can rarely stop so I ended up finishing White Griffon back in my hotel room and I have started on Silver Gryphon.

White Gryphon was decent but not as good as Black Gryphon. It is a little too early to tell but Silver Gryphon seems similar in quality to White Gryphon.

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

1/3 of the way through "A Feast for Crows" by George R. R. Martin. Good stuff so far, even though not much has happened.

15. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Assassins Quest is exceptional at the moment, I'm about a quarter through it. Hobb really is an exceptional writer, probably my favourite. I hope it doesn't get sad at the end olike the last one! Sad endings suck. Happy endings are where it's at.

16. Rekesalat Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Just finished Knife of Dreams by Robert Jordan and i can recommend it to every Wheel of Time fan...finally the pace in the story is to back to where it once was, and subquests finally ends...

I'll start reading A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin now, expectations are extremely high....

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Barmy - Hobb rules. You can read the Liveship Traders trilogy next. I enjoyed that one even more than the Farseer trilogy although they're both great.

18. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, before reaching the state of contentment, there are still some volumes to be read. Bittersweet is the best that one can get. But that's probably the addicting part of it, the loss, the grief and no noteworthy reward.

19. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

-The Gift of the Magi
    -Incredible Journeys
    Oh yeah, I've just finished Black Juice. A disturbing book of short stories if I ever read one.

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@Barmy

As I said in another thread (can't remember which) Fitz has got to be the most unfortunate protagonist ever. Nobody has had to put up with all the crap that he's had to. Still a good read though, but it can get pretty ****ing depressing lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.