1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

An idea for Salvatore's next novel *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Shalladeth, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

[​IMG] While reading Spine of the World, something in one of Wulfgar's nightmares gave me an idea...I wonder if R.A. will write a book about Wulfgar and his Alu-Fiend daughters...those that weren't eaten by Errtu anyway (hey, some might have escaped). This actually would have made a much better story than what was in Spine of the World.

Perhaps that sassy alu Aliisza from the War of the Spider Queen series could turn out to be one of Wulfgar's 'stolen seeds'. That could lead to all sorts of fun things:

- a battle between Wulfgar and Kaanyr Vhok! For a twist, Kaanyr (being a Cambion and all) could be the son of Errtu and Wulfgar's grandmother, making Kaanyr Wulfgar's uncle or something! Oh the inhumanity!

- Regis getting eaten by a tanarukk (or vice versa)

- Drizzt and Cattie-Brie facing off against Jeggred and Quenthel (again). Not sure how that one would turn out, but Drizzt would definitely lose an eye or something. :1eye:

- Pwent gets turned into a dwarf\drider hybrid (a dwider :lol: ) in some freak accident (caused of course by a Harpel)...and loves it

- Bruenor and Pwent then manage to wipe out every tanarukk because no one can stop a pair of pissed off, slow-moving, old and ungraceful dwarves

- And for the big ending, Aliisza and Entreri fall in love and have...um, what would the offspring be between a half-demon and a human? Oh...they'd have Cespenar! :grin:

[ February 03, 2005, 17:17: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Jarlaxle and Entreri or I won't buy the book.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

at the risk of sounding Swayze-esque:

"Ditto."

4. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

@Apeman, Enagonios, are you saying you want Jarlaxle and Entreri to fall in love and spawn Cespenar? :grin:

Ok, so maybe both Jarlaxle and Entreri fall in love with Aliisza and battle it out! At the end, Aliisza grows bored with them both and runs off with the Bouldershoulder brothers! "Oo Oi!" :shake:

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Oh God, another Saliva book? That guy is writing 30 low quality books a year and people are wanting more?

6. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Flame all you want Morgoth, fact stays that Jarlaxle and Entreri are his best characters (and they are well written no matter what any Salvatore hater says) and they have little appearance in the series as it now stands.

7. Shadowdrinker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

someone kill Drizzt for god's sake.I am actually tired of him but salvatore keeps writing and writing with the same vacabulary for over a decade

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hey, I'm no Drizzt-lover but I have to say that he was written pretty well in the Lone Drow (his will-kill-millions-of-orcs-without-dying ability notwithstanding :rolleyes: ).

And hell yeah, Jaraxle and Entreri rock. They better NOT turn into frickin heroes though or I'ma gonna, as my little brothers say, "lay the smack down" on Salvatore's ass :mad: .

<SPOILER>

Bad enough that Entreri saves Danica's life. Also, what was up with Jaraxle giving up control of Bregan D'arthe(sp?) to Kimmuriel Oblodora?

9. Champion of the Multiverse Gems: 1/31

Yeah his next book is a Jarlaxle and Entreri book. It is actually going to be the 2nd book in a new trilogy called "The Sellswords". The first book is Servant of the Shard.

Yes, it's an old book, but WotC as you all know is redoing all the Drizzt books and putting them into "The Legend of Drizzt Saga". They took Servant of the Shard out of the drizzt saga and are making it book #1 of The Sellswords trilogy.

Anyway, Salvatore has slowed down and is only doing a book a year. And if you don't like his FR stuff which is understandable, then check out his DemonWars books. They are much better than his FR stuff. If you don't want to jump into a series right away (7 books total in the first trilogy, bridge book and second trilogy), then just read The Highwayman, it's a stand-alone novel set in the same world as the DemonWars books.

10. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

The Highwayman was good, but man, some f***ed up stuff went on in that story! Definitely not one for the kiddies.

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Champion, the demonwar saga might have started out decent but hte last 2-3 books are probably the worst crap I have ever read. It is just truly abysmally awful, way past the point where one should just put them down and burn before spreading the ashes to the wind.

12. Champion of the Multiverse Gems: 1/31

"Champion, the demonwar saga might have started out decent but hte last 2-3 books are probably the worst crap I have ever read. It is just truly abysmally awful, way past the point where one should just put them down and burn before spreading the ashes to the wind."

You haven't read a lot then, because I have read waaay worst crap than that, see all of his Drizzt books.

But they aren't as good as the first trilogy for sure. The 4th book though, Mortalis was Salvatores best work, period. Definitely makes the last 3 books look a little worse after reading that masterpiece.

"The Highwayman was good, but man, some f***ed up stuff went on in that story! Definitely not one for the kiddies."

Yeah I agree, and I'm sure it felt good for him to write a story like that after writing so many FR novels that had to be toned down for the young audience it is targeted for.

13. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have read quite a bit, but the demonwar saga especially post-Elbryan is by far the worst I have ever seen. I am no big fan of the Drizzt books but they are immensly better than the Demonwar saga.

14. ethis123 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Drizzt should travel to our earth and battle modern terrors like traffic jams and the like! Salvatore has not done anything good in a long, long, long time. So maybe he should just stop the killing of poor trees. Wait I know Drizzt vs. Trees! Thats gold I tell you Gold!

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    If Salvatore doesn't wtruite this, I just might... and stick it to CS to amuse all of you :p

16. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Now that would be an idea Arabwel, I'm not sure though if I would like every single character double wielding katanas :D :p

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Oy! I wopuldn't do THAT!

*snicker*

Just might have Aliisza keep boht Jarlaxle and Entreri :p

18. joacqin

Media:
    How come the "villains" are always more likeable in the Salvatore's books than the obnoxious, self righteous, whining heroes? Just finished "The Lone Drow" and as usual I couldnt stand any of the good guys and I as usual find myself cheering at the bad guy at every turn. Obould Many-Arrows aint no Entreri or Jarlaxle but he is light years more appealing and interesting than Drizzt or Wulfgar.

19. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Because the heroes have had far too many pages written about them. Drizzt was good for a trilogy, maybe two, but he's been stretched out for how many books, exactly?

Yes, Salvatore had a good thing, but it's past time to let it die.

20. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

he wont let it die till he stops making money and that will be a while...same thing for RJ

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.