1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently? #2

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Taluntain, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Platform by Michel Houllebecq. Go for it if you're one for enjoying a really good depression.

2. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The Railway Man by Eric Lomax. Very good so far.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Vitals - Greg Bear. Another interesting premise (he's got tons of them), but I hope this one doesn't peter out.

4. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

A signed copy of Jimmy Carter's An Hour Before Daylight.

5. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Ah, Vitals. I remember that. I never got page 50, for whatever reason.

Water Sleeps - Glen Cook.

6. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

James Patterson's "Kiss The Girls"

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I'm reading the prequel for the "wheel of time" series...I think it's called "New Beginnings"

I'm only 4 chapters in, and so far - It's pretty boring! Chapter 1 with Lan was cool, but it's quickly gone downhill.

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Why, that sounds about par for the course for a recent Jordan novel! :lol:

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Yes, but I've invested too much time to stop now!!! I guess I just get bored with the Aes Sedai - they're all presumptuous beyotches!!!

10. Serena Lynx Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm a bit wacky when I read, I can't keep with the same story so I read a couple of books at once. Right now I'm reading Amazing Grace by Jonathan Kozol (for an education class that I'm NOT taking yet) and The Woman with the Alabaster Jar: Mary Magdalen and the Holy Grail by Margaret Starbird... good stuff that. I've been fliping through the America the book put out my the Daily Show- funniest thing I've picked up in a loooong time.

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Royal Assassin" by Robin Hobb.

12. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

"The Silmarillion" by the great master J.R.R. Tolkein

13. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I am reading a novelisation of "Grim Fandango".

14. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Just finished "Breach in the Watershed" by Douglas Niles. Pretty good, but it's part 1 of a trilogy. Does anyone know if the other two are any good? I'm thinking of reading the rest of 'em if they are.

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] What novelisation of Grim Fandango? I loved the game, but I've never heard of a book about it, nor can I find anything on Amazon...

16. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Odds are, in that case, it's a piece of fan fiction.

17. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Soldiers Live - Glen Cook

Last book of the Black Company

18. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I finally got around to starting them. "The Song of Ice and Fire" books. Reading "A Game of Thrones" now. It's as awesome as everyone says it is.

19. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I just started in the exact same book: A Game of Thrones, given to me as a present by Faragon. Thank you, fella! :thumb:

I only read 45 pages sofar, but I'm sure I'll like this one.

20. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I will prolly soon read Fire and Ice novels. Currently however I'm still reading Servant of the Shard, which was a great experience (till now anyway).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.