1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Paladin based book or series

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by christopher_c_pitzer, Feb 23, 2004.

1. christopher_c_pitzer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Looking for a book or series that is based on a paladin or an entire order. I have read Chronicles and it included a few "Knights", but not what I would call paladins. Plus the story was not based on them, they feel into the story and then were quickly left behind. Any help would be grateful.

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

They are not in a D&D setting but David Eddings' Sparhawk books have Paladins for their main characters. Another choice is the Paksenarrion books by Elizabeth Moon. David Weber's Oath of Swords/The War Gods Own is about a Paladin of sorts although considerably different than your average D&D variety.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    There are quite a few FR books with paladin characters in them... And there's even a new series coming out now which is all about a paladin-like character. Check http://www.sorcerers.net/Books/index_fr2.php (The Scions of Arrabar; The Sapphire Crescent.)

It also depends if you want paladins only, or clerics as well. Because Salvatore wrote a series of books about a cleric...

[ February 23, 2004, 17:21: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  4. christopher_c_pitzer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yep, reading the Cleric Quintet at the moment. Thanks for the suggestions; I will give them a try after I finish the Quintet and Legends.

5. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Might I recommend the Double Diamond Triangle Saga? It's a nine-part series of very short books (each less than 100 pages).
    Pretty much all of the main characters are paladins, and it's also based in the FR setting.

EDIT: I should warn you though, that it'll probably be a tough series to find, but it's definitely worth the trouble, if you're really looking for a story featuring paladins.

6. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, I believe that other than FR, Dragonlance has a big collection of stories centred on Knights and their Orders. Try the Wayward Knights and the other stuff like it... get to it later, I cannot remember the titles... :confused: :p ;)

7. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31

IIRC, the Heroes trilogy(Dragonlance) is centered around a paladin, Huma, I think.

8. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

No, only the first book centres on Huma (the Legend of Huma, a SUPERB book, and I highly recommend it)...the rest of the series (it's more than a trilogy, I think there's actually five or six books) revolve around different heroes from the Dragonlance world.

9. Sterntiger Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I would suggest The Sheepfarmer's Daughter series by Elizabeth Moon. It follows the development of a Paladin. It's been a while since I read it but, it is a good story line, though not currently in print. Back copies shouldn't be too hard to find as it was republished in Hardcover in 2003 and "The Deed of Paksinarrion.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.