1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragons of A Fallen Sun-Book 1 of the War of Souls

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Benan, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Has anyone else read this. I just started yesterday and now I'm chapter eight. I kinda like some of the new charecters like Silvan, and Gerard is going to be the next Sturm Brightblade. Mina as an evil overlord is kinda freaky cause she's supposed to be like a 17 year old girl with some mad power. It's pretty good so far.

2. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I've read it too (got it last christmas), and while not as good as the chronicles or the legends it's still quite good. The characters were interesting (even though i think a certain kender should die already), and especially Palin was interesting.

3. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I've read the first 2 books in the series and enjoyed them both but it was a while ago. I haven't seen the 3rd anywhere - is it out yet?

4. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Yeah it's out.
    I've read the first books too and didn't enjoy them much.It has a much darker atmosphere than the other books.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  6. Benan Gems: 20/31

It was a little anti-climatic, unlike the War of The Lance series. Oh well, I'm buying the next two tomorrow. I liked Tas in this one, he was a little more entertaining then in other books. They'll never actually kill him off, he's like the Dragonlance Franchise character. A Dr'zzt Dourden if you will.

Palin was intersting, I really liked the direction they've went with Gilthas and Silvan too.

7. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I read it last year. It was a great book. I agree with Benanthalin they will never kill off tas.

8. Benan Gems: 20/31

I finished the series. The second book was a little dull but the third one was excellent.

9. Gaidin-_- Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Tas is to Dragonlance as Duncan Idaho is to Dune.

They're the characters that are in every book(the most major ones anyways). And you know the series will not end until they die and/or leave.

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *tries to compare Tas to Idaho and fails miserably*

Well, let's just hope that no one will clone Tas...

I have read the book, and I can't recall most of it. Heck, any of it, really. Shows the quality... most books I can recall within an inch of reciting...

11. Gaidin-_- Gems: 3/31

tas is the symbol of the companions as idaho is the symbol of house atreides.

note how tas is in EVERY SINGLE central Dlance book, symbolicly, if he's taken out of the story, the central epic is over(watch them make another trilogy just to prove me wrong).

same with idaho...even teh books that take place some 10000-15000 years after DUNE. Remember how Idaho left whats-her-name at the end of Chapterhouse: Dune? Also remember how many times Idaho attempted to kill Leto II? Again remember when Idaho got drunk on spicewine in the first book? That wasnt a fall from honor as much as the discord in the House/house guard after the move to Dune...but the point is the same. House Atreides was always regarded as the moral and honorable house of the Landsdraad, and Idaho was always the focal symbol throughout the series. If he left, that means that that house fell from the honor and morality that was always part and parcel with House Atreides.

12. Arabwel

Media:
    *makes a note to re-read Dune*

Interesting point, and I can see your reasoning... but I nmust also add that more than one Tas would be disastrous to the very fabric of multiverse. :p

13. Gaidin-_- Gems: 3/31

theres also no more than one duncan idaho at any given time :p

14. Arabwel

Media:
    Um, waht about the time when one tried to kill Leto II and he already had a replacement one ready? And on his way down, iirc....

15. Gaidin-_- Gems: 3/31

bah....

anyways...different univers = different rules.

they couldve cloned a hundred tases if they had the dna.

16. Obad-Hai Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ya I have read the whole series and I must say I enjoyed this "War of the Souls" series the best. Although the chronicles are amazing to. I was so upset a certain something happened...ha but I won't say what it is cause I don't think a lot of ppl are there yet. Anywho ya I hope Tas dies soon I hate that kid. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.