1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite Strongholds

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Magus800, May 6, 2002.

1. Magus800 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hey everyone, it is me, your Dark Omega here, and I have a question for you all. I was just wonderin', what is everyone's favorite stronghold and why? Mine is, as of now the de'Arnise Castle, mainly because I have never tried to get any others. Just please explain what is your favorite stronghold. Thanks.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I always restart my game, about once a week, and never finish much, thus I don't know what happens at one point in the de'Arnise quest. Do the Roenalls ever attack you, if so do you get to fight them in a big ole' war. I hope so. Until later, peace.

2. bocam Gems: 1/31

Hi,

(**SLIGHT SPOILER**)

The Roenall's do eventually attack yo, although it's not an all out war, and they are easy to beat.

You then get full control of the keep with no more task coming to you, or none that i have experienced.

So just sit back, put your feet up and enjoy a mug of ale.

3. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Cool i never got that far in that one myself. Like that one the best that I have tried so far. I can see why they didn't do a major war as most of the combatants are at best first level so you would be waiding through cannon fodder all day befor you got anywere

4. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

The only keeps I have had are The De'arnise Keep and the Planar Sphere.

I know Paladins get a room or something in the Order of the Radiant Heart, theives get a guild in the docks district, and druids get the Druid Grove after besting the Shadow Druid.

5. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

My personal favorite stronghold is the planar keep, but that might be because i love getting to kill apprentices :)

6. Lordvan Gems: 1/31

I have played the Keep, the Thieves Guild, and the Planar Sphere, and (of those three) the best is the sphere.
    *Slight Spoiler*
    It's cool because you can get the best robe in the game (not including the Robe of Vecna, because it's only in Limited Edition), a good scroll, a good weapon, and/or a nice chunk of experience.:)
    Granted you can only get the good stuff in one or two of those categories, but it's still good stuff!:money:

7. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

IIRC if you play a multi class character you can get more than one stronghold. All you need to do is finish all of the subquests in 1 stronghold before you move on to the next. For example you can do the D'Ardeness Keep, play through to the finial battle, and then go do the sphere (F/T main character).

8. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ugh, it's possible to have two strongholds with a multi-class?! My Fighter/Thief took the thieves guild directly, thoug I cannot take Dr'Arnise keep now :aww:. De'Arnise is sooo much funnier... :cry:. Is my BG2 bugged?

9. bocam Gems: 1/31

No This is normal, if i remember rightly, you have to turn down your first stronghold, go to the second one and accept it, and then return to the first one an accept that one. Don't quote me on this though it's only what i've read before, maybe someone else knows if this is true or not?

Sean

10. Xuncle Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I enjoyed the sub quests in the d'Arnise keep the most. I have a fighter/mage that went and got the Keep and then did a whole lot of quests and then got the Planar Sphere but the game was over before those silly apprentices got 'round to making anything.

11. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I didn't really like any of them. Haven't tried cleric or paladin's, but the rest are pretty much annoyances in my book. (Bad thief stronghold, bad, bad!)

12. ivanatora Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I've played only the Tief stronghold and the Planar sphere. The sphere is much funny. The tieves are borriiiiing.

13. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The planar sphere is the most enjoyable for me, wathcin those apprenti blow up is disturbinly funny.

And the thief stronghold is too boring, thats why you download Improved Thief Stronghold. (i think its in the Solaufein Mod) or if you can get it normally.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.