1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Drizzt books, Which one is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Christian, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Just as it is said in the title.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 24 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Drizzt books, Which one is your favorite? (24 votes.)

Drizzt books, Which one is your favorite? (Choose 1)
    * The Crystal Shard - 25% (6)
    * Streams of Silver - 0% (0)
    * The Halfing's Gem - 0% (0)
    * Homeland - 46% (11)
    * Exile - 4% (1)
    * Sojourn - 8% (2)
    * The Legacy - 0% (0)
    * Starless Night - 0% (0)
    * Siege of Darkness - 0% (0)
    * Passage to Dawn - 4% (1)
    * The Silent Blade - 4% (1)
    * The Spine of the World - 0% (0)
    * Servant of the Shard - 4% (1)
    * Sea of Swords - 0% (0)
    * The thousands Orcs - 4% (1)

2. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

IMHO the best book is Homeland, since it's the only book where he actually loses a fight (against Zaknafein). ;)
    Actually, all three Dark Elf books are very good, since people (other than the hundreds of orcs and other nameless enemies) actually die.

3. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] me too I think that it is homeland that won this time :)

But sojourn came close behind it... and also Siege of Darkness...

And I can't wait to read the thousand orcs :)

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Homeland by far, it is brilliant. There is even a short time where Drizzt isn't the best in the world!

5. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Homeland is the best, bust thousand orcs follows closely!

6. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I luv Crystal Shard and where the scene that Wulfgar meets with Drizzt but Homeland follows Shard

7. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I have read the dark elf trilogy and thought Soujourn to be the best of the three.

Im currently reading the Icewind Dale Trilogy (collectors edition). I'm very dissapointed due to the fact that the proof reader of the book could not have known the story very well. On many occassions I have found the simplest of spelling mistakes like *Drizzi-Drizzt*, Walfgar-Wulfgar* and *Brunor-Bruenor* and many others.
    Althogth the stories are amazing, the best in my view being The Halfling's Gem, I am just a little annoyed when im reading and one of my favourite characters have got their name spelt wrong. I know it's a little thing but those little things build up and end up making you think that the newest print of the book was pointless.

Overall my favourite book is the Thousand Orcs, pure genius...

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Heh, I was complaining about the same thing when I read the DL Chronicles Collector's Edition. Half of the names and places misspelled all over the book, not to mention other grammatical and spelling errors. But anyway, this is off topic.

9. Loeryn Fettan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My favorite definately has to be Crystal Shard. This is because Salvatore finds ways to clue us in on Drizzt's nature, past, and relationships without ever actually telling us about them at times. So in the end rather than knowing set facts about the characters we get a general sense of their being. Look I know this might sound a little deep coming from someone called "Haggis Blaster" but consider it.

10. Champion of the Multiverse Gems: 1/31

Passage to Dawn.

Don't know why, and I'm probably the only person to think this.

What got me though was the relationship between Harkle Harpel and Robillard. That little "spell duel" they had was one of the most hilarious scenes in any RAS books.

Harkle - "I have improved on Bigsby".

11. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Ha, I voted for 'Servant of the shard' to my own surprise. It's just that I think I like Jarlaxle and Entreri as much as drizzt.

The way Entreri and Jarlaxle ended up together was brilliant and especially that last sentence of the book :eek:

I must also say that I enjoyed every book in the drizzt sage, even 'the silent blade' and 'the spine of the world'. Of course some are better then others.

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't see what was so facinating about the last sentence of the book. Then, I had read some fanfic which had a spoiler so I saw it coming

13. christopher_c_pitzer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I found the entire Dark Elf Trilogy to be quite good. I simply could not put the book down, as was the case with all the rest of them. I just like seeing the whole Drow society laid out like it was. If anyone out there can help me with book titles that will be great.

I know that there was the Dark Elf Trilogy and The Icewind Dale Trilogy. I also read Servant of the Shard, The Silent Blade, The Sea of Storms and one that had Wulfgar behind a prison door. Is there another whole trilogy out there? I am not sure which set of books the Drow raid on Clan Battlehammer was.

Thanks for the info.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  15. Rathanel Gems: 1/31

I find Jarlaxle and Entreri at least as interesting as Drizzt, so Silent Blade and Servant of the Shard are definitely my favorites, but the Hunter's Blade trilogy is looking pretty good too.

16. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Let me guess. Something from David pontier? :rolleyes:

Very good story!

17. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

And what was the last sentence in "Servant of the Shard"? PM me, since it might be a spoiler (I've already read it, just can't remember).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.