1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best 6 member party?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Manton, Jun 21, 2001.

1. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Maybe not.... but still... I figure I have to add this -

A six member party of 966666's... Maybe they can overcome the problems faced and found by Duharrel and Lerrahud.

2. Fubini Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

An addendum to the last post:

Make them six Elven archers all with minimum allowed stats. (I think it is probably about 9,9,17,6,9,9)--Maybe someone could verify the minimum stats for an Elven archer.

TOB might be helpful for this undertaking...

In fact, consider this an official challenge.
    "Play a party of six Elven archers, each with the minimum legal stats for this combination."

There are enough good bows in the game to allow this, but arrows could end up taking up a lot of you inventory.

Finally, if no one takes this up, look for me to try it, beginning in about two weeks.

3. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I've always found that the follwoiung works best.

Tank x 2 (a la Korgan or Minsc)

Cleric (who also functions as a secondary tank eg. Anomen or Viconica with dex gauntlets)

Thief (armed with a bow and some form of blade)

Mage (with a sling-shot and a staff)

The final character is your own and depending on his class you can offset the balance or lilt of the group. I usually have a non-fighter character so that would fit in well.

As for actual NPC teams there are a few really great ones I've tried since getting Thone of Bhaal. This is the best so far.

PC - Assasin (evil)
    Minsc or Keldorn
    Korgan
    Viconica
    Cernd (he gets really good at level 14+)
    Edwin

There's some really funny dialogue in this group too (Viconica tries to pull all the guys, apart from Korgan.. Edwin and Minsc obviously have old issues... Edwin and Korgan fight like hell)... if you take Keldorn he and Korgan fight over which is better sword or axe..oh and Edwin and Cernd don't get on either)

The worst is this one:

PC - Bard
    Airee
    Mazzy
    Valygar
    Nalia
    Haer'dalis

SO mediocre... all of these are outdone in their respective fields by other NPCs.

4. Cog Primius Guest

i think the best whould be

PC Wizard-Slayer
    NPC Fighter
    NPC Monk
    NPC Cleric
    NPC Archer
    NPC Mage

u dont need a thief

5. mannedoc Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I have two parties, and just deciding which one to play. Both on chap 2. The first party is for some classes I’m courious:

Ranger: the front fighter, 2h sword.
    M/t/f, evil alignment, because I found on my other game a sword +4 that can’t be use by a good alignment character. I hope to find that sword again, that is why this guy is evil. Also, last time have problems changing npc during the game, because need a thief.
    Monk, with him decide to have another evil character. To weak at the beginning, but very interesting class.
    Cleric/Ranger. The healer of the game. Also, I think he gets driud spells, so want to see how it works a kind of cleric with both abilities.
    Jaheira or Aerie, for the romance. Just haven’t decided yet.
    I will look for keldorn, I love paladins (my former character was a inquisitor) and the holly avenger. But until I look for him, this space can be use by any other npc, to make their particular quests.

Also, just made another party, this week I’ll decide which one play. This one I still don’t know if I really like it, but is the party of the lord of the rings:

Aragorn: Paladin, human. At the beginning thought about a ranger, more apropiate, but again, love paladins and the holy avenger, besides, think that somehow Aragorn is a kind of paladin hero for TloR, not for the class, but because he is sort of champion of human kind.
    Gandalf: Mage/Cleric, half elf. Gandald if not a human, is a Istari, but there is not such class in the game, same reason why he is not human. I think that is more apropiate a fighter/mage, but with that decision my party could lack of a medic.
    Legolas: Archer, elf. Think is pretty obvious.
    Gimli: Dwarf, berseeker. He have profencies on axe and hammer, but don’t like axe in BGII, well, just to stick to the original story.
    Frodo: figter/thief, halfling. Do I need an explanation??
    Any pc, for the quests. Besides, the characters of LotR were nine, I don’t have nine spaces. I wanted at the beginning someone to be Boromir. But decided a free space, for the particular quests or for the romance.

Is a very interesting party, I don’t know yet if I like them, but wanted to get close to LotR.

6. Demonater351 Guest

If you feel like being silly, try a party full of holy-rollers:

Paladin
    Cleric-Ranger
    Cleric-Fighter
    Cleric-Thief
    2 Cleric-Mages

Or try this for fun:

Ranger
    3 Fighter-Mages
    Thief-Mage
    Cleric-Mage

Ooh, let the magic fly!

7. Retribution Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello.
    I've only played BG2 & TOB. But i've only played for less then a year, and my consideration for a great group is
    My main character Straight Fighter with a few tweaks of my own i've made his stats out like this. Lv-29

St-18/93
    Dex-18
    Con-20 was 18
    Int-18
    Wis-16 Was 15
    Cha-4 Was 3 With the ri of charisma it goes to 19
    Idon't know if any body else was able to do this but i'll post the info for all to see.
    When you reach the final level before you have to fight Irenicus, take all the stones
    you aquire in the door ecept the last one
    here it goes save the game just in case?
    enter the last ston then save game uder a different name & iport to TOB.

8. SirNukes Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi, new guy here. I recently finished BG2 (and 75% of the quests in the game) with a custom 6-player party. Figured I share, since everyone else is.

1) Protagonist: Fighter/Mage dueled at lvl 9 using Crom Faeyr & slings
    -I prefer this to the Kensai/mage, because I can wear AC3 bracers and use shields.

2) HalfOrc Fighter using C' Fury & throwing axes
    -Makes for an amazing tank w/ ~170 hp and -14 AC, not to mention great saving throws (which, for some odd reason, were better than my palidin).

3) Inquisitor using 2h swords & short bows
    -I love 'dispel magic.' Also a decent front-line fighter, although admittedly one of the weaker members of my party.

4) Fighter/cleric dueled at lvl 8 using Flail of the Ages and slings
    -There's my cleric, who made for a surprisingly effective tank.

5) Sorcerer using staves/slings/thrown daggers
    -One of my favorite classes; my main spell caster, since he was the only one who could easily deal with new situations.

6) Elf fighter/mage/thief using long swords and long bows
    -Sounded like a cool idea. Gave me thief abilitied, spell support, backstab abilitied, and missile support.

All around, I would have to say that most of my chars rocked. The half-orc and sorcerer were my two most useful characters. The multi-class just didn't level fast enough to remain useful, though. If I had to do it again, I would dump him for a pure or dueled thief.

Anyways, those are some interesting ideas for class combo's. I think I'll go try one right now. :) I always did like Legolas... having 6 of him is just that much better. =p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.