1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bloody nishruus

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Da Punisher, May 22, 2001.

1. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Can someone PLEEEAAAASSSEEEE give me a link to the place where I can get the patch for the nishruu's, so they don't steal items anymore...
    I just played the guarded compount and there was one nishruu at the floor.
    It has taken edwin's bracers AC6 and Jan's too as well as Jan's evlen chainmail!
    I get sick of this man! My last savegame was way before this (I now already had the whole sewers cleaned of evil) and I made a quicksave after the fight. I looked in my inventory and missed those stuff (I thought I still had them). So I went outside, the biggest mistake as the game made an autosave, with which my last chance of restarting flew away...
    So please, where's the patch? Cause, I NEED IT!!!!!

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Forget the patch i dont cover that. I downloaded the official patch and in the description it said tha the nisruu bug was fixed but it isnt. I lost Edwins adventurers robe and his bracers ac 6 =(

3. Sintek Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
  4. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

ok... that explains why Nalia's signet ring mysteriously disappeared... icouldnt even remove it and it disappeared!

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

the patch sadly enough doesn't fix this, I surely hope this will be fixed in TOB.

I get paranoia just when I'm figthing those vampiric mists or horror thingy's, always checking after a fight, its frustrating

trust is for the foolish..

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

As a main cheater hater here :cool: I can't say this, but in these extreme cases do use that *khm* SK *khm*.

What? No. I never mentioned it. ;)

7. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Here are two posssible solutions:
    #1 Restore the items in ShadowKeeper as Extremist says.
    #2 Go back to a save and play it again.

I too hate Nishruus and used to attack them with everything I had to kill it fast but that was not a good solution.
    The best way is to use Death Spell (or Death Fog) to slay all summoned creatures instantly. Unfortunately this means you have to wait for a mage to reach level 12 (750,000 xp). Using any of these spells on 1st floor of the Guarded Compound is brilliant. :)

8. Igor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

9. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31

As I said Earl Grey, My last savegame is way before that point and in the mean whil everybody has gone up in level etc.

Thanx for the downloadlinks guys...

10. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

i was fighting one, an i didn't know that they made stuff disapear, so i didn't pay much attention cos there was a big behinded demon also attacking me...then all my cloaks of protection are gone :( + nalia's adventuring robe.. *sob*

also, i didn't want 2 start a new topic about this cos i am only expecting one or 2 answers...how do u say Kobold? is it like: Ko-bold, Kob-old, Kobbled ? or something else?

[This message has been edited by Spudsquisher (edited May 27, 2001).]

11. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31

It's just Kobold... Nothin' else!

12. Lothar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I've always pronounced kobold as Ko-bold, but it is really a matter of preference.

And as for nishruus, I hate them, have always hated them, and always will. I've never used them in a battle, and dislike fighting them. Who wants to risk losing loot?

EDITED

How fitting, I became a Kobold Aider with a message talking about Kobolds.

[This message has been edited by Lothar (edited May 28, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.