1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Taluntain, Jun 14, 2000.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  2. Worlock Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] ....to pee, to climb, and to never look down.

3. Worlock Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] ...or maybe it's to pee, to look down, to realize the guy you just pissed on can kick your @ss, and to climb as fast as humanly possible.

hmmm, maybe that's it.

4. Jazzy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I'll say coca cola.

5. burntime Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] coca cola brings meaning to your life?

man, you must have a mean life :)

6. Lockarm Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

If 42 is the universal answer......
    Why don't people use it on Jeopardy,
    At least then something on the show would be better than Alex's stupid comments.

P.S.- The guy below you can only whup on you if he catches you....

7. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Ain't you guys ever read Hitchhiker's Guide? ...and all of its sequels?

42 is the apartment number of the building where the past and present loophole through each other, and eventually are destroyed.

Heh Heh ... and you thought you guys didn't have lives.

8. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

the meaning of life? yeah as if life has a meaning!!!! (uncontrollable laughter)

9. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] ...What is 6x9?

I prefer the electric Monk climbing the building....

10. No, no, no, the meaning of life is clearly sandwich making. But since there are no Perfectly Normal Beasts on Earth, we will never be able to achieve true happiness...

BTW, does anyone know when DA's next one is due?

And are Douglas and Terry Pratchett the same person? We are having a fierce debate about this. The writing style is EXACTLY the same.

11. Gunthar Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] The real meaning of life is of course explained best in Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life". The Title says it all.

12. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I have read all the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy books and they rock!!! So does a book called red dwarf very similiar. Monty python and all his movies, shows, and games kick ***!!!! As for the meaning of life well it's to play games, insult others, and most importantly to rule the universe!!!! which I hope I will someday (obviously I won't! DUH!!!!)

13. Gunthar Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] How odd of The Fat Egg refering to Monty Python as a person :rolleyes: . Perhaps he should go to http://www.monty-python.com . If you like the Red Dwarf books you should check out the TV show.

14. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

THANKS for clearing that up!!!

15. Gunthar Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Always glad to help.

16. Wingfoot Guest

one word: BEER

17. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

18. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

Actually, perhaps the meaning of life is to watch Dr.Strangelove over and over. It's a very funny movie about a comedic end to the world!!!

19. Dark Phoenyx Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The meaning of life? All life is, is some giant soap opera that G-d watches and laughes his @ss off at the stupid humans. SO I say, as long as we are to be the butt of some huge divine joke, we might as well give him something BIG to laugh about. Personnally, I like the old Roman idea of mass orgies after dinner every day.

20. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

As far as I know, "Mostly Harmless" is DA last book, as Arthur kind of, well, dies.
    If you haven't read this book, sorry, hate to ruin your life.

HEY, THE MEANING OF LIFE IS TO MAKE OTHERS' LIVES MISERABLE! I JUST REALIZED THAT!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.