1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Harry Potter?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Gormenghast, Apr 29, 2001.

1. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Have any of you read any of the Hary Potter books?
    Are they worth reading?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] 1. Yes, 3 of them thus far.
    2. Yes.

Try running a search for it, it has been discussed before.

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I just finished Chamber of Secrets, that's Book 2. So far I have liked both, but I liked the first one, Sorcerer's Stone, better than the second. So far they are better than I thought they would be. Something different to read.

4. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Actually, Tal, there are 4 of them:

1. Sorcerer's Stone
    2. Chamber of Secrets
    3. Prisoner of Azkaban
    4. Goblet of Fire

And yes, Harry Potter rocks! :)

Look for the MOVIE trailer at www.jurassicpunk.com.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I know there's four of them, but I said I only read 3 thus far. :p

6. Fljotsdale Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yes, they are worth reading. Not epic, but good fun and good dramatic stuff. Even nice and dark in spots....! Enjoy! ;)

7. Fljotsdale Gems: 5/31

By the way, Gormenghast - have you read the books, or did you just like the name? :)

8. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

Ahhh! My witty comment has been blown quite extraordinarily out of the water! :D

Nah, I thought that you meant that there were only 3 written thus far.

9. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] i've read all four and i say 2 thumbs up! hey when does the fifth one come out?

10. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I think you will be waiting a while. Book 5 , according to Amazon, will be out in July, 2002.

11. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31

well i have just finished reading the the 3rd book and so far it has been the most exciting one!
    What do you guys think?

12. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] I just started the third book the other day and I am halfway through it already. I think it's the best one so far, Siriusly... ;)

13. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

Hmm. I haven't looked at Amazon in quite a while but as far as I know it was supposed to hit stores in November, at the same time as the movie.

Ah well. The books seem to get longer and longer as the series goes on. This is definately a good thing, as there are only three more books to go before the series is over.

Or so we think...

14. Bowie Gems: 8/31

Is the third book out in paperback yet? I'm too cheap to buy the hardcovers. ;)

15. Dudette Gems: 8/31

bowie... go to england ... only place that i know of that has softcover

16. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31

Australia has a soft cover too

17. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31

I've read all four of them and they are all pretty good but the fourth one tops the others. Apart from me and gormanghast who actually lives in Australia?

18. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31

i dont think there is no one else that lives in australia

19. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Just finished the 4th book it was awsome but i dont know why, i some how like the 3 rd book more.

20. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Well I just started the fourth book today. And yeah it's going to be hard to beat the ending to the third one, but I think it can be done :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.