1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sacred

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Munchkin Blender, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Are there any Sacred fans here? I recently started playing this game and I have to say it is a pretty good game. I like how the monster respawn, though a little too much in some ares, and how you can select your skills and add one attribute point per a level up. This game is very good. I am enjoying it and can't wait to get to level 25 in Bronze before I export my character to play in Silver and complete all the side quest. So far it is very easy and Bronze and from what I can tell various locations have level limits.

2. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

[​IMG] I play Sacred every now and again. I tend to grow bored of it after a while, which is a pity, but it also happens with Diablo 2 and other hack 'n' slash games. Sacred at least is nicer looking, and I absolutely love being able to ride a horse.

If you do not have it yet, the "Underworld" expansion adds quite a bit of new content, two new playable characters (Dwarf and Demon), and a whole new world. The best? You can download it from the Ascaron website for free. EDIT: Actually, you can't. See my post below.

The amazing thing about Sacred is how open it is. You can virtually visit all the locations in the map at any level (whether you survive the encounters is another thing...). Try jumping or teleporting to areas where you wouldn't normally have access at your current level. Fighting a 24lvl lizard with a 10lvl Battlemage can be quite intense.

The map is also huge. After 10 hours of play I may have discovered about 1.8% of the world (yep, the Journal keeps track of this :) )

[ June 12, 2007, 17:16: Message edited by: Colthrun ]

3. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Sacred is a big game and that is what I love about it. There are some random generated quest and standard quest. This means each time you play the game or play a higher level (bronze, silver, gold, platinum) you know specific quest that need to be completed, and there are other quest that you have no idea what they are going to ask of you. However, the individual that provides you the quest is in the same location each time you run through the game.

The thing I like best about the game is the ability to use combos (using multiple special abilities in one shot), because it really makes the game interesting. I like combing Stone-skin, Reiki, Ghost Meadow and Wall-shield. This provides me a good defense and quick regeneration of my health and Spell abilities as a Battle Mage, though it takes 2 minutes for the combo to regenerate and that is more than duration of how long the spells work. With that said, having a better defense for those tough situations when you have 20 goblins attacking you at once who are equal or higher level than you makes the battles not as difficult.

The other thing I like is being able to combing rings, amulets, special ability rune stone into weapons and armors. This allows you to create some unique and powerful items. The one specific item I like to combine with my armors is the rune stone that provide 15% resistance to all; this multiplier counts for all armor pieces. I have 3 of these rune stones placed into three armor pieces right now and two of the armor pieces already had 5-8% resistance to all before I added the rune stone. My overall defense is sitting above 1200 and goes to 1800 when I use the above combo.

Another thing that I like and Diablo fans may enjoy is the various weapon drops; I would place this higher but I keep on finding rare and unique items for other classes more so than for my own class. What I am trying to get for items now is the set items; I would love to combine a good set with space for adding item to add the 3 items that provide an increase in all resistance types (physical, fire, poison, water and magic).

One last thing that I enjoy is just the overall character development system in the game. The software company did an excellent job in that part as well.

Here is what I don’t like. The story is weak and the dialogue isn’t all that great. The re-spawning of monster can become over whelming at times. They should limit re-spawning after completing the major quests in an area. One more thing I don’t like is there is no real party, so to say. You can pick up characters for a short time but they all tend to die so quickly. You cannot equip them with armor but you can equip them with weapons and a shield. If the game was designed with an intriguing, story and for a party of two to three member than it would enticing for BG fans to play.

If I had to rate the game on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a 6.5; if it had a better story, lower re-spawning rate, and a party feature I would give the game easily 9.5.

Colthrun,

I found the website to download the Plus pack but not underworld. What is the URL to download underworld for Sacred for free.

4. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

My bad. It appears that you can only download it officially from the Spanish distribuitor (and only in Spanish), FX Interactive.

http://www.fxinteractive.com/p055/p055extras.htm

They do not give you a CD key to play online, but one can be purchased for €1.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I've finished the game three times now, and every time i did it as a battlemage. I tried the Seraphim once, but i missed the ability of casting those magnificent fireballs on my foes, so i gave up that time.

The fireballs of the battlemage can become so powerfull, that it takes only three or four blasts to put down a dragon, god knows i did that many a time. :D Hmmmm....speaking of Sacred makes me want to give it another run, at the moment i'm doing nothing else besides playing Travian and Tribal Wars online, which can be just as exciting as watching the grass grow when you're short on resources. Yep, that might be a good idea.

6. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It was nice but had to much hackling and clicking for my taste. The respawning made the challenge to great.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.