1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Strange items - what to do with?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Elenias Nal'nair, Dec 1, 2000.

1. Elenias Nal'nair Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Just for interest: I have two items that I have no idea how to use:

1. a tankard of "De'Tranionss Baalor Beer" (purchased from a merchant in Umar Hills, unlimitly drinkable with no effect)
    2. 2 empty phials (loot from 2 fighters in the 'Guarded Complex' in Temple Area, not usable at all)

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

In Umar Hills Just north of the town, there a re three kids that ask your party to buy the beer and swords. They give you $200 to do so. If you choose to do so, you can later find them in Umar cave running from a certain powerfull monster(in their minds). The emply vials, however, I have yet to find any use for. Hope I don't need them in the Underdark because there back at my sphere.

3. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Empty potions are used for making potions if you have the Planar Sphere, your apprentices can make them for you.

Syl...

4. Crazy J Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Did you run into three boys in Umar? They pester you to buy them some ale and swords. The Balor ale is what you give them. Warning! If you are a Ranger, doing that will loose you the stronghold there! At least that's what I heard. My upstanding Monk told those brats to get lost, she won't contribute to the delinquency of minors! If you're evil, doing that might give you some jollies, however.

5. Sorl Guest

If your a miser you can steel the beer from the thieves guild :)

6. Jayshaw91 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'm a ranger and I bought the lil brats some booze and they just wandered off. I never saw them again. I think the game bugged on me and never gave me the sidequest to find them. I've been back to that cave PLENTY of times!

7. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Did you buy them the swords too?

8. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] ...and I think you have to speak to their parents first (in or outside the pub)

9. Crawl Gems: 23/31

My aprentice seems to be making potions without me giving him any empty viles.

10. Mobeus Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Oh, and what about a Giant Troll's Head??

Picked one up somewhere, just because I could. So far haven't got the foggiest clue as to where (or if) it might be useful.

:D

[This message has been edited by Mobeus (edited December 02, 2000).]

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Mobeus - You had smiles and winks in your post, so I'm not sure if you're serious, but in case you are, there's a shrine in the area where you picked up the head. If you put the head on there, you get a magic weapon (a mace or club I think; Bonecrusher maybe?)

12. Mobeus Gems: 5/31

Thanks, Blackthorne. Guess I'm only half way serious. I picked up the head some time ago, don't even remember quite where. Thought I had checked every thing in the area, but must have missed the shrine (uh, what kind of shrine accepts troll heads as offerings?). I thought it might be quest related, as some other body parts seem to be. (I blundered into a beholder cavern and got an eye--which I later got a quest to go and get).

Anyway, I'm still carrying the head around and just was wondering if it was of any use anywhere. :D

Oh, and most of my posts have smilies of some sort. I've noticed something of a tendency for some folks to get easily offended. My smilies are a reminder that nothing I say is meant to be offensive--even if I don't use quite the right words or phrasing. :)

Thanks, again.

13. tc24135 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

whats the deal if ur a wizard and how do you get an apprentice and all that?

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    **** Possible Spoiler ****

Mobeus - OK, from what I remember, the only Giant Troll Head I got was in the last part of the Asylum dungeon just before you exit. The mage who keeps transporting you from place to place will enter dialog with you before you can check out the shrine, so you have to select the option to stay and look around a while. The shrine is right there close to where the mage is. IIRC, it's a sacrificial altar for the trolls, so if you sacrifice a troll to it (the head) you get the item.

15. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] And what a crappy item it is! Stupid Bone Club
    2+, 3+ against undead.

16. Mobeus Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Ahh! That's probably why I missed it. I vaguely remember that option to stay and look around, but since I had already been thru the whole map (I thought) I did not select that answer. I'm now in the middle of the Underdark running errands. Guess I don't need to keep this grinning troll head around any more! It's really stinkin' up my bag! <wondered why everyone in the party let me walk by myself so much!!> :)
    :D

17. Crawl Gems: 23/31

There must be a lot of different endings to the assylum dungeon. My experience was a lot different from what most people describe. Think I'll put a post up about it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.