1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Greatest Game Character Ever

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Daie d'Malkin, Apr 24, 2006.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

2. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    Dalshim from Streetfighter2. Yoga, yoga, yoga! :D

3. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Number 47 from the Hitman series, no competition for me. Silent death walking.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Also Tifa from FF7. Put her as the bottom character and stick her in the back row (with a Long Range materia, of course), and during one of the after-battle pans you'd get a half a screen closeup of her sticking her chest out. :shake:

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It's a toss-up between TNO and Kreia. Ditto everything you said about her Ofelix, also, she's right up there with Irenicus in the voice acting.

6. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Garrett in Thief. Stephen Russel did a very good job voiceacting him.

7. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Can't believe I actually forgot him :doh: , he is the main reason that I like to play as thief.

8. Niemroth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I think the best designed game character is Lara Croft.

9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I think Niemroth deserves a cookie. :D

Fel, you're a were-tiggy after my own heart...

10. lizardpudding Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Inga Wagner (from no one lives forever)
    Jan Jansen (he's so damn silly) :p
    Irenicus (DAMN good acting, great villain)
    Deer Avenger (from...um...deer avenger)
    Alice & Chesire Cat (from alice)
    Minuteman (from freedom force) :D

+ @Incarnate: who's kerrigan?

[ April 30, 2006, 00:24: Message edited by: lizardpudding ]

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sarah Kerrigan from the StarCraft series. She was a Terran "Hero" who was betrayed and left for dead after which she became the "Brood Queen" of the Zerg iirc.

12. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

And eventually whupped both the Terrans and the Zerg and became Queen of the Galaxy, I think.

13. lizardpudding Gems: 3/31

I've never played Starcraft. :p

14. Incarnate Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

NOOOOOOO00000ooooo , the horror ,the horror :p
    Go play the game ,OR ELSE...!!!
    You will not regret. :D

15. lizardpudding Gems: 3/31

As you wish
    :)

16. Phone_Tools Gems: 3/31

I like Morte from PST the best. Such an amazing mix of tragedy and comedy, in one character.

17. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, some good ones have been thrown out already; Duke, Larry, Guybrush, Irenicus, Garrett...

A few I'd tack on to the list would be:

SHODAN, for an impressive delivery of creepiness "What are you doing, hacker?" :mommy:

Sly Boots (of the sleeper 'RPG' Anachronox) for the 'antihero tries to be the goody-goody with amusing results'.

Some of Planet Moon's protagonists also slip into this, as well - Baz the Meccarin of Giant:Citizen Kabuto and...well, ALL of the Lionhearts outta Armed and Dangerous.

HK-47, for the utterly...unique characterization - utterly evil and yet quite compelling and fascinating. "Yes meatbag- er, master"

Heck even Duncan Fisher - announcer of the Solaris matches outta Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries: "My wife said to me the other day - 'Duncan, there's more to life than just the arena.' Honestly, folks some days it's like she's speaking a different language: the individual words make sense on their own, but put them together and it's just gibberish."

But one of my faves has to be Kyle Katarn; a character that's been lucky to have the time to evolve over a series of games from a simple 'run-and-gun silent marine' type of Dark Forces to a wisecracking anti-hero ("Huh - I wonder what that did" upon flipping a switch...or was that Mara Jade?)

18. lizardpudding Gems: 3/31

Kyle Katarn IS a good character at that. He's a BIG reason I love the series so much. Actually, in jedi academy, your friend (yash? vash? oshkibosh?) who turns bad on you is a great character too.

19. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I have thought and thought. I have to say Minsc. I laugh at his lines all the time. I quote them so much it makes my wife nuts. Minsc is the man for me!

20. Jimmy-X Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Guybrush Threepwood!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.