1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Greatest Game Character Ever

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Daie d'Malkin, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    The Transcendent One. No doubt about that.

Closely followed in 2nd place by Irenicus, just because David Warner did such a fantastic job on the voice acting.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Maralie from Icewind Dale 2. She rocks. Someone should make a game all about her adventures.

4. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

Planescape: Torment.

...fine, I'll be specific. The Nameless One and the Transcendant One. And Dak'kon.

Irenicus is awesome too.

Also there's Guybrush Threepwood, the greatest adventure game hero of all time.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lady Deidre Skye of the Gaians (Alpha Centauri).

6. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    I'd have to go with The Nameless One, he wins hands down in my book. Max Payne comes a cool second, the tragic guy that he is (and yet look so cool and photogenic with that smile on his face in Max Payne 1).

Others that nearly made the top includes (in no order whatsoever): Sarah Kerrigan (Queen B**** of the Universe), Jaheira, Minsc (and Boo)

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Out of all the one-liners, Boo's is the best. *squeak* :D

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I've always like Rikku from FFX and FFX2, Jimmy Raynor of Starcraft and... of course (I think BG2 characters are obligatory)... Aerie and Korgan (perferably in each other's presence).

I might have said Cloud from FFVII, but it's been close to nine years (I think) since I've played that game and my memory of him is getting a little fuzzy.

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Sephiroth. theres LOADS of awesome there.

10. Drow Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Minsic

Boo asks where is your woden leg? :) (or something like that anyway.)

11. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Interesting. I certainly didn't expect Aerie's name to come up here.

Perhaps I should get PS:T...

12. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

I like Aerie because she's... um... the perfect, shall we say, patsy for a lawful evil male character.

I often find myself wishing my PC could tastefully flirt with women in the game just for Aerie's sake. Have her fret and pout about actions that could be passed of as just "being a nice guy". The scene with Phaere just doesn't do it for me, I want a scene where she can't hide behind "the other woman is evil". To have Aerie stumble over her tongue as she tries to deal with the situation, until you assure her you where only being nice to the other woman.

[ April 25, 2006, 17:09: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The best guy for me is Duke Nukem.

Dance for me, baby. :money:

14. ObviousDelirium Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Delita from FFT, he's such a good manipulator.

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Kreia from KOTOR2 Now's THAT'S a manipulator, plus she's one of the few real cool woman character that aren't in a sexy outfit

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Ps:T in general ... I'm not sure if I can pick a best character out of that...

17. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Guybrush Threepwood and Larry Laffer

18. Incarnate Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Kerrigan

19. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Ada from Zone of the Enders...that damn AI almost had me in tears by the end of the game!

20. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I vote for The Nameless One, The Transcendent One, actually, I think almost all of the characters from PST are awesome, will have to play it again some day.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.